Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Lights / flashlights, headlights & lanterns

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Lights / flashlights, headlights & lanterns

#1 Post by Tommy Atkins » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:12 pm

I don't know how many of you have/use EDC some kind of flashlight, but its one of those "Don't leave home without it" things for me. I'd used the various incarnations of the MagLite AA's for years then I was introduced to the Chinese-made "Fenix" brand.

I was skeptical at first but their "UC35-UE" with the 14, 50, 180, 480, & the whopping 960 Lumen +strobe LED got me hooked! Its powered by a 3400Mah 18650, or 2X CR123 lithium for emergencies.
It beat out al the "Fancy" flashlights, including the Takti-kewl ones my buddies had. Its a little "chunkier" than the "AA Maglites" but still very "drop it in your pocket" sized with a 1" diameter & 6" length.

Almost 4 years later it stopped recognizing the USB charging cable used to charge it so I called Fenix, got an RMA# & mailed it to them.

It was returned today, nine days later, the head (which is where the USB plug is) had been replaced & they'd even included a spanking new 3400MaH 18650!

In the interim I've bought a Fenix headlight & a Fenix lantern/battery bank & I'm completely thrilled & satisfied with all of them. Now I'm thrilled with the service too. So, if you're looking for some nice high end illumination gizmos look there (& price shop a lot) first! I don't think you'll be dissapointed, its NOT "cheap Chinee junk".
DSCF1809.JPG
https://www.fenix-store.com/

HectorFuego
United States of America

Re: Lights / flashlights, headlights & lanterns

#2 Post by HectorFuego » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:54 pm

We used to have a Bushnell outlet store just a mile from my house so temptation was near. To make matters worse, members of my gun club got the employee discounts. At one point they carried Cree bulb flashlights. I bought several, one of which is a small, single AA battery, tactical flashlight. Been carrying it every day for years, along with an assisted opening pocket knife. Honestly, the flashlight would be a better self defense weapon than the knife.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is, "Save all the pieces."
It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Re: Lights / flashlights, headlights & lanterns

#3 Post by Tommy Atkins » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 am

The Cree LEDs are awesome!

Return to “General Off Topic”