Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Anyone use the addley precision scope mount

lifeon2
United States of America

Anyone use the addley precision scope mount

#1 Post by lifeon2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:45 am

Hey guys I just ordered one of these and I was wondering if anyone else has tried them.

http://addleyprecision.com/product/lbjc/

I got mine on ebay and it looks pretty smart. No d&t needed but it still screws onto the receiver. Hoping it pretty solid.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Re: Anyone use the addley precision scope mount

#2 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:53 am

The screw holes align with the rear sight left side pivot pin hole & the ejector screw hole! Longer screws are provided & the rear one goes from the inside so the rear sight pivot pin hole is un-threaded!
I have not used one, but I have a couple of friends who have & they both are really enthusiastic about it.
The only negative thing I've heard is the need to change out the safety lever as it fouls the side mount if you don't. Its a multi-start thread & you HAVE to get it right when reassembling, there are exactly ONE correct installation, but 2 or 3 that are "Close, but not safe". Make a careful not as you dismantle & copy that exactly & you'll be fine. Its not a biggie as IIRC they include a modified safety lever with the sight & you just swap out the safety catch from your existing one.

Another one you might compare with is the S&K "Instamount".
It is also ND/NT but attaches a little differently, through both rear sight pivot pin holes & a clamp under the charger bridge.
http://www.scopemounts.com/index.html?main.html

Return to “British Empire and Commonwealth”