Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Cleaning rod for a Carcano M91

196kirka
United States of America

Cleaning rod for a Carcano M91

#1 Post by 196kirka » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 am

I have had an M1891 for many years but is missing the cleaning rod. I have tried to locate a cleaning rod but have only found the M91/41 cleaning rods. I check ebay on occasion but they list carbine and M91/41. Many types of cleaning rods are reproduced these days but have not found a repro M91. Lots of those old rifles were cut down decades ago so their should be lots of cleaning rods somewhere unless they were trashed. Anybody know a source or an original or a Reproduction cleaning rod.

Airforce1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Cleaning rod for a Carcano M91

#2 Post by Airforce1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:13 am

Hens teeth for the M91.

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

Re: Cleaning rod for a Carcano M91

#3 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Keep looking on gun broker and eBay. About one a year show up. Cost will be around $70-100 for an original. Just log it in on your ebay search list and forget it till an email shows up. You might have better luck buying another dog rusted M91 with its rod at a small gun show. Maybe a redone stock, bent or plugged barrel, or sewer pipe bore lacking a bolt example that still retains its rod if you are lucky. Most do not favor French and Italian rifles. Prices seem to have gone nuts, complete bolts,intact stocks, bayonets, slings, and cleaning rods are always quick sell items at gun shows and people are playing top price on junkers to bust up for parts. You see more M91 Cavalry rifles than long rifles at WI shows. No reproductions of this type due to little demand.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Italian Rifles”