Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

New To Me, Ishapore 2A1

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Re: New To Me, Ishapore 2A1

#16 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:42 am

The Parker Hale 5A is still to be found, but its not inexpensive!

boltactionbill
United States of America

#17 Post by boltactionbill » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:31 pm

So I've seen, wow! You can set it up with a scope for significantly less. - Bill

echo1
United States of America

#18 Post by echo1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:38 am

I've got a couple, a '65 & a '67. I like them.

One was pre-Bubbad that I worked over a little. It's salvageable, but doesn't bother me the way it's set up, zero at 500 yards, 5 rounds. I've put a Blackhawk lace on cheek riser since this picture was taken.
I call it the Khyber Pass regulator.

I'd like peeps and would put a Parker on, but it'd likely cost more than both rifles did. I've got a ton of GOOD Indian NATO, in bandoleers on strippers and some in cellophane packs.

I got the ammo first for something else to eat. PAX

boltactionbill
United States of America

Re: Ishapore 2A1 Update

#19 Post by boltactionbill » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:11 pm

So after taking the 2A1 to the range and cleaning it afterwards I came to realize this rifle is unlike any other milsurp I've ever owned. Putting 60 some odd rounds through it she cleaned up with 4 patches! 4 patches, I'm still in disbelief. How unused is this barrel that it should clean up this easy? Another thing I noticed is the total lack of deformation of the spent brass. The brass comes out of this chamber in better condition than my P14 and those look full length resized! Is it because of the high grade of the brass in the military NATO rounds I'm using or is this rifle really that tight? I waited years to find one of these in this condition but I'm at a loss trying to figure this out about this rifle. Maybe some of you have an explanation? After all it is a 51 year old used milsurp. - Bill

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#20 Post by Tommy Atkins » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Check the "silver bullets" aren't cupro-nickle.
"Nickeling" is a big problem because you can't get it out once it gets in! That could "fake" a fast cleaned bore.
Frankly all of my Enfields are referred to as "Copper mines" because they trap so much jacket metal!
:o

boltactionbill
United States of America

#21 Post by boltactionbill » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:25 pm

All of my other service rifles are a lifetime of cleaning before I see a clean patch. Tommy I'm not sure of the bullets makeup. I can tell you that the silver is a thin plating that can be scraped off relatively easily showing copper underneath. I've used a lot of these in my M1A and it really likes them. I've always been able to clean that completely with no plating buildup showing in the barrel. The 2A1 hated them and patterned instead of grouping. I only put out 4 of them and gave up. I'll use the Lake City in the 2A1 which it really liked and I have plenty of. It's a good thing I started with the LC or I might have freaked out over the lack of accuracy. - Bill

Return to “British Empire and Commonwealth”