Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

New CG 63

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

New CG 63

#1 Post by Calfed » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:56 pm

I glommed a CG 63 a few weeks back at an online auction. The picture (one!) was kinda crappy and the description was worse. But I bid accordingly and I think it worked out.

Auction pic

Ernest T
United States of America

Re: New CG 63

#2 Post by Ernest T » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:06 pm

Very nice. Those rifles are getting harder to find. They can be really accurate once you dial in the best handload. I used to have a CG 63, but sold it when I acquired a CG 80. Now wishing that I'd kept both. I can't tell what type of front sight you have, but they all have interchangeable inserts to give you the best sight picture. There are also interchangeable aperatures for that Soderin rear sight, but they are hard to find. Fun to shoot, since they have such low recoil and are so accurate.

Congrats!

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#3 Post by Rapidrob » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:12 pm

A score to be proud of.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by Calfed » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:01 am

Ernest T wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:06 pm
Very nice. Those rifles are getting harder to find. They can be really accurate once you dial in the best handload. I used to have a CG 63, but sold it when I acquired a CG 80. Now wishing that I'd kept both. I can't tell what type of front sight you have, but they all have interchangeable inserts to give you the best sight picture. There are also interchangeable aperatures for that Soderin rear sight, but they are hard to find. Fun to shoot, since they have such low recoil and are so accurate.

Congrats!
Thanks, ET!

I've got a CG80 and have kind of had my eye out for a 63. This one came up at an estate auction and the price was too good to pass up. I've also got a Husqvarna M96 that someone put in a CG63 stock, but it still has the M96 barrel on it.

Tell me, if you know whether the mounting pattern for the various rear aperture sights are the same. I've got several different unmounted rear aperture sights that I actually like better than the Soderin. I don't want to fool around dismounting the sights if they are not going to fit without doing any d&t'ing.

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#5 Post by Calfed » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:02 am

Rapidrob wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:12 pm
A score to be proud of.
Hey, Rob! Thanks and it nice to hear from you.

Ernest T
United States of America

#6 Post by Ernest T » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Tell me, if you know whether the mounting pattern for the various rear aperture sights are the same. I've got several different unmounted rear aperture sights that I actually like better than the Soderin. I don't want to fool around dismounting the sights if they are not going to fit without doing any d&t'ing.
No unfortunately the hole patterns are all different.

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#7 Post by Calfed » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Thanks, Ernest

Say, before I got a chance to download the image that you posted, it disappeared. Now all I see is the word "image". Could you PM it to me or repost? That was some great information. I have several unmounted Elite rear sights and was hoping to swap one out for the Solderin.

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#8 Post by Calfed » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:21 pm

Thanks, Ernest!

Return to “Swedish Rifles”