Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Gun Broker and Completed Auctions

Kevinofborg
United States of America

Gun Broker and Completed Auctions

#1 Post by Kevinofborg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Today I went in to view an auction that had completed and I could see everything except the pricing section. I checked advanced search "completed" and the same thing. I even check an auction I won and no pricing into. Can any one see this section?
Attachments
Complete.PNG
kevinofborg
TX

Friedspam
United States of America

Re: Gun Broker and Completed Auctions

#2 Post by Friedspam » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Kevin,
I'm seeing the same thing. I can still see the sold price on auctions that I was watching but once I select one I'm seeing what your seeing which ain't much.
I've noticed GB doing some weird things lately, must be trying to figure out how to make things more difficult, maybe they are taking advice from the Einsteins at Photobucket?

Praetorian
United States of America

#3 Post by Praetorian » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Same thing happened to me last night. They must have "improved" the website.

Kevinofborg
United States of America

#4 Post by Kevinofborg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm

I shut down most of my searches. If you cannot view completed auctions than Gun Broker will not be much of a tool.

Any other good auction boards out there that members use?

Thanks,

Kevin
Last edited by Kevinofborg on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinofborg
TX

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#5 Post by RWS » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:18 am

It's not nearly as big as GunBroker but I actually prefer (when buying) to do business with Gunauction.com, formerly Auction Arms. Their site allows you to put a firearm or part into the search window and hit the "SEARCH" key, which will bring up active auctions. Then scroll down on the left side of the page to the Time Remaining link and that will allow you to look at closed auctions with prices for either the last 24 hours, 2 weeks, or 3 months. You do not have to log in to see this info.

You also gotta look to see whether the auction closed with any bids to determine whether or not the firearm actually sold.

-Bob

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#6 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 am

They must have updated their systems & security. I was able to see the auctions from a few months ago. Today my old Mac 2003 is useless, all I get is ....
Safari can’t open the page “https://www.gunbroker.com/Rifles/search” because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “www.gunbroker.com”.
Gunbroker prices were always crazy high, higher on old surplus rifles than one can see at most gunshows in WI. It was nice to see the pictures. I can no longer even see those, I guess if all that is missing on the new system is a completed price- consider yourself lucky. I will have to go to the neighbor to view pictures now :think: Like the other forums that do not allow guests to view enlarger photos or you have to be a member to view photos or their reference materials. Maybe only gunbroker registered buyers can view the prices???? :snooty:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

indy1919a4
United States of America

#7 Post by indy1919a4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:39 am

You can still see the completed price on the overview page, it looks like the price and bidding information is blocked on the detail.. That is not horrible

Kevinofborg
United States of America

#8 Post by Kevinofborg » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:59 am

Gun Broker looks to have changed back or fix this issue. I can now that pricing information as well as the bid history link.

Kevin
kevinofborg
TX

Return to “General Firearms Topics”