Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Lee FCD for 8x56R at MidwayUSA

professrh
United States of America

Lee FCD for 8x56R at MidwayUSA

#1 Post by professrh » Thu May 17, 2018 9:31 am

I had given up looking for a Lee FCD for my Steyr M95 (Lee doesn't offer them on their website) . . . and then I got a marketing email from Midway informing me that they had said die on sale for about $12. Yes, I jumped on it. Shipping was $4.99 to my location.

Thought inquiring minds might want to know.

--Prof

kraggman
United States of America

Re: Lee FCD for 8x56R at MidwayUSA

#2 Post by kraggman » Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 am

professrh wrote:I had given up looking for a Lee FCD for my Steyr M95 (Lee doesn't offer them on their website) . . . and then I got a marketing email from Midway informing me that they had said die on sale for about $12. Yes, I jumped on it. Shipping was $4.99 to my location.

Thought inquiring minds might want to know.

--Prof
That’s odd. When I bought the die set the FCD was included. Glad you got one though.
Reloading for M95’s is handy. They kick hard so you can alleviate that by dropping the charge a bit.

professrh
United States of America

Re: Lee FCD for 8x56R at MidwayUSA

#3 Post by professrh » Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 pm

kraggman wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 am
That’s odd. When I bought the die set the FCD was included. Glad you got one though.
Reloading for M95’s is handy. They kick hard so you can alleviate that by dropping the charge a bit.
When I bought my set, maybe 5 years back, it came with just the sizing die and the seating die. Couldn't find an FCD anywhere.

I do like reloading for the 8x56R. I want to get it to where I can shoot to POA with the issue sights on the m95 carbine. Any thoughts on that, kraggman?

--Prof

Return to “Reloading”