Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

fnh cz27

LouisCali
United States of America

fnh cz27

#1 Post by LouisCali » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:15 am

Is there a good source of information on fnh cz27 pistols?
I saw one at the gun show this last weekend for $400, it looked alright but the slide seemed weak and a bit gummy, sticking and hard to pull near the end of the cycle. I'd never seen one before and didn't want to buy a lemon as I didn't know what to look for or even the going rate, but now that I've seen it I'm quite interested.

Also curious if $400 is the going rate, I didn't get any photos as that wasn't quite allowed, but I would rate the finish at around 50%.

Old Army Cook
United States of America

Re: fnh cz27

#2 Post by Old Army Cook » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:05 pm

I paid $500 for this one at a gun show over a year ago. It is late war production and operates like a Swiss watch. A look at completed auctions on Gunbroker shows a wide range of prices. https://www.gunbroker.com/All/Completed ... n=3&Sort=9 Adjust your expectations accordingly.

cz27.jpg
Cynistoicurianism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust them any farther than I can throw them. There's nothing I can do about it. Let's have a drink.

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

#3 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:06 pm

400 sounds reasonable for a shooter-grade. I paid less than that for mine, but that was many years ago and their values have jumped considerably since then. The "weak and gummy" slide action wouldn't bother me personally, as I would anticipate having to clean out many years of gunk and residue, and I enjoy a good project, even if it's just a detail cleaning. I can't really recommend a single source for information on the CZ-27, but there is lots out there. It doesn't have the panache of the Walther PP, Mauser HSC, or Sauer 38H, but was issued in quantities that rivaled or exceeded each of those German designs. I guess you could say it was sort of the quiet workhorse of the 7.65 pistol inventory...
Attachments
CZ27 (4).JPG
.32 acp (1).JPG

LouisCali
United States of America

#4 Post by LouisCali » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 pm

So maybe it wasn't too much of a bad deal.
Very easily could have been a bad one, maybe next time.

korkster
United States of America

#5 Post by korkster » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Bought one recently at $350. Thought it was a good deal.

Return to “Czech Pistols”