Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Stoked! M24/52c.

shoggoth80
United States of America

Stoked! M24/52c.

#1 Post by shoggoth80 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:44 pm

So, one of the shops I like does an email list/inventory sheet. Checking it out last night I noticed a couple neat items listed. They had a few Yugo Mausers. Two of them were 24/52c models. I never heard of that before... So Google to the rescue.

From what I read, these were rebuilt/refurbished Vz24s that were turned over as reparations. Well, that's pretty interesting. Had to go look in person. Both had mismatch bolts. The shop headspaced them before putting them up for sale (so far I've never had an issue thankfully). However, mismatch on a rebuilt piece doesn't surprise me.

I nabbed one. Put it on layaway. Blue is decent. A little thin here and there on some edges, but looks good. Wood has a few dings, and some scratches. Stock matches the receiver, and appears to be original to the rifle. The handguard is a Yugo replacement... The wood is different. Looks the same as used on M24/47s and 48s. Has the side slings, I'm guessing what was a unit disk in the stock. Original crest is gone, replaced by the Yugoslavian crest with M24/52c stamped under it. All parts machined. Missing front sight hood. Not fretting that.

Pics will come after I pay it off, and give it a once over.
Pretty excited about it. I've been hitting it good with Mausers lately. Good thing I like them. :)

steamer
United States of America

Re: Stoked! M24/52c.

#2 Post by steamer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Sounds good - looking forward to the pics. I always regretted not getting one of those back when they were more plentiful.

Mwt
United States of America

#3 Post by Mwt » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:59 pm

One of my most accurate rifles is an m24/52c. This 100 yd target from a local match has 5 of the 10 shots in one ragged hole 7 o'clock in the 10 ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid.
United States of America

#4 Post by Mid. » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Very cool. Never heard of the M24/52c. Also, nice shooting!

Return to “Yugoslavian Rifles”