WW1 Russian entrenching tool

M67

WW1 Russian entrenching tool

Post by M67 »

This is an entrenching tool- a little shovel from Russian Army, from ww1 - tsar era. I found it in a Yugoslav army warehouse with obsolete equipment beside German, Austrian, US, Iitalian, Soviet and Hungarian shovels and other soldiers combat equipment. It is interesting because is well preserved and it is from 1915. In the conduct of hostilities, each soldier of the ground forces in the outfit has a small infantry shovel. It is a entrenching tool for sheltering and disguising. At the same time, this small blade can serve, if necessary, as a formidable weapon. The soldiers always monitor the serviceability of the tool, as well as sharpen the edges of the shovel. This makes it possible to apply chopping and cutting wounds, use a shovel to overcome barbed wire and easily dig the ground. Probably was an Austrian WW1 confiscated equipment from eastern front.
Attachments
JA carska zadi.jpg
JA carska PRIEVZB.jpg
JA carska cela.jpg
JA carska 1915.jpg
JA carska 1.jpg
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Re: WW1 Russian entrenching tool

Post by 72 usmc »

OK, now that is a nice find. :doh:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Militaria, Kits, Belts, Packs, etc”