NM MILSURPS normal July shoot.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

NM MILSURPS normal July shoot.

Post by Rapidrob »

\I will hold a rolling target pistol match as well as snap shooting rifles/carbines out to 80 yards with targets scattered around the range.
Pistols will shoot 6 rounds at the rolling target and 20 rounds at the five snap shooting targets. Shooters are to take no more than 1 second to "snap-shoot" at each target, after raising the rifle/carbine from the hip on command. Each rifle/carbine target will be shot at twice.
The pistol target will be inside a tire launched from an angled 12 foot long trough with a paper target in the center.
Shooters will shoot as the tire passes the first marker and fire until the tire reaches the 2ND marker.
Scores will be total hits in the scoring rings for pistols and total number of hits out of 20 shots fired for the rifles/carbines.
This will be a fast fun match.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

MAC702

Re: NM MILSURPS normal July shoot.

Post by MAC702 »

That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I was closer. Our next Las Vegas (Nevada, not New Mexico) match will be the August bolt-action match. Several of us are going to bring Krags this time out. It gets boring using the same guns every month.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: NM MILSURPS normal July shoot.

Post by Rapidrob »

The practice went very well will all members shooting good scores.
This Saturday is the match. 5 "snap-shooting" targets at unknown distance and the rolling target.
I try to switch up my rifles/carbines as much as possible just to see which work out the best for the type of match.
I'll be shooting my Portuguese Mauser–Vergueiro in 8x57mm rifle as it is very easy to point.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Return to “Shooting Events, Ranges and Locations”