Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Group pester to PPU for 7,62x45 brass and or ammo

VZOR 52, 52/57 & 58
Kevinofborg
United States of America

Group pester to PPU for 7,62x45 brass and or ammo

#1 Post by Kevinofborg » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:07 pm

My form letter to PPU to maybe get them to make brass and or ammo.

info@ppu-usa.com

Dear TR&Z USA Trading Co.,

As a owner of a Czech VZ-52 (7,62x45) finding ammunition can be difficult in the United States. We have only the second hand market with highly corrosive surplus from the 1950 's and 1960's. Would you please consider communicating with PPU the want and demand for the making a run of this ammunition and or brass (reloading dies are out there). PPU has done this in the past for such items as 8x50R Lebel to which I bought several hundred rounds of. With 7,62x45 PPU would be the only supplier and would sell very well with the demand that has existed for years. I for one would post PPU product news on the many Internet Forums I am a member of.

Please again consider making brass and or complete ammunition for this great rifle.

Best Regards,
kevinofborg
TX

ammolab
United States of America

Re: Group pester to PPU for 7,62x45 brass and or ammo

#2 Post by ammolab » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Note sent. I have contacted Sellier & Bellot and Prvi both in the past on this round and 5.45x39, and I have always received a "not interested at this time" response.

You have to think they would sell as much as 7.35 Carcano and 8 Lebel, no?

FamilyFirearms
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
United States of America

#3 Post by FamilyFirearms » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 am

I feel the same way about 9mm largo. Seems like none of the makers want to produce it anymore.

I talked to a friend of ours that is a small company that remanufactures ammo for several local shooting ranges. He uses the same equipment as Hornady uses for small batches and agreed to make it if I had enough orders or buy the whole batch myself. He can get bullet cases from starline for .12 each and whatever bullets we want in them. Downside is he only wants to do 100 1000 round cases at a time 😳. He said he may know someone else who could do smaller batches but since I do not know them, I passed.

Onikoroshi
United States of America

#4 Post by Onikoroshi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 am

Has anyone contacted starline brass? They seem to have some oddball caliber brass.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#5 Post by Rapidrob » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:50 am

We did this a couple of years back. They said there is not enough "need" for this caliber. Never hurts to re-ask.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Return to “Czech Rifles”