Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

"Another" Colombian added to the collection!

cwo4uscgret
United States of America

"Another" Colombian added to the collection!

#1 Post by cwo4uscgret » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:45 pm

I posted earlier about my Colombian Madsen bolt action rifle that was bought by the Colombian Military but probably languished in a warehouse before entering the surplus market - unissued and not used; probably the nicest "surplus" gun to hit the market.

I am a member of Coltforums; and one of the members there offered for sale a 1948 Smith & Wesson 4" barrel M&P in .38 Special. Although it was wearing a pair of after market rubber stocks and was missing the thumb button for the slide release not only the price ($249) and the engraved inscription on the left side of the gun "POLICIA NACIONAL DE COLOMBIA" called to me - so I bought it! A trip to a local gun show and I had period S&W stocks and search of Numrich (Gun Parts Corp.) found the correct button. I took it to the range the other day, shooting first some .38 Special wadcutters then "the old standby" 158 grain lead round nose ammo. It does have that "been there, done that" look.

Range visit:

steamer
United States of America

Re: "Another" Colombian added to the collection!

#2 Post by steamer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Beautiful old S&W - thanks for sharing. For all the years of use, that quality S&W bluing stills shows through.

VMASCIOP2000
United States of America

Re: "Another" Colombian added to the collection!

#3 Post by VMASCIOP2000 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:42 am

Excellent find. Winchester, Fiocchi , et.al. have a 130 gr fmj .38 special load that is both accurate and has "mild" recoil. It duplicates the early Vietnam Era U.S. Airforce load.
I was R.L.E.V.M. on our old forum.

Return to “Spanish/S. American Pistols”