Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Wz.29 rebuild questions.

Forum for rifles not listed
Sjemo45
United States of America

Wz.29 rebuild questions.

#1 Post by Sjemo45 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I was having trouble finding an existing thread. This is going to be short and to the point. I picked up a very dirty poorly sporterized polish Wz.29 at a local gun shop this weekend for just shy of $100. At first glance it looked to be a total loss but fortunately bubba never touched anything in fixable. So basically my question is are there any good sources for parts for this thing? I would list the parts needed but it would be faster for me to tell you what I do have.
Barrel
Recever
Bolt
And all triger parts are in rough but working order( nothing some love and elbow grease wont fix)
Everything else is gone. Its a 1937 marked Wz.29.
If you know of any interchangeable mauser parts or a source for true polish parts it would be greatly appreciated!

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

Re: Wz.29 rebuild questions.

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 pm

I see no reply because it is such a rare rifle. You got the spare parts. Now you need to buy a complete rifle. As for parts you are hunting for the gold at the end of a rainbow. How many times have you won the lottery??? In 35 years, I have not seen parts for the Polish rifles. I have seen some beat complete rifles where the barrel is a sewer pipe. And that's what you might find and can put your good barrel on the beat rifle. If you are 23 you got the next 35 years to find a cheep wz 29 with a poor bore where your parts will be used. Two years ago there was one at a local show with a smoked bore and they had $450 on the dog. Those rifles seem to be like $800-1200 :roll: expensive little beasts.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

VMASCIOP2000
United States of America

#3 Post by VMASCIOP2000 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:10 am

One possibility ( what I would do ) is create a G 29/40. If you google that you will see images and a good RIA video. The Germans actually did just that, when they took over the Radom Factory. This would let you use German type replacement parts. The actual German stocks are rare and expensive. The Israeli k98 and Yugo k98 stocks would work but of course would not be "correct". The Yugo k 98 would have the take-down ring behind the rear sling slot for the most correct look. Worst case, you would have a great looking shooter while you search for correct stuff. Not sure about the German rear sight assembly working on that barrel without some fudging.
I was R.L.E.V.M. on our old forum.

Cattus Borealis
United States of America

#4 Post by Cattus Borealis » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:26 pm

Call Springfield Sporters...

http://www.ssporters.com/

VMASCIOP2000
United States of America

#5 Post by VMASCIOP2000 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 am

Cattus Borealis wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:26 pm
Call Springfield Sporters...

http://www.ssporters.com/
Good idea. I have ordered from them often. The items almost always need a good cleaning but are of fine quality at a GREAT price. Free shipping for orders of $65.00 or more. Very competitive turn around time from order to delivery.

Sjemo45
United States of America

#6 Post by Sjemo45 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:55 am

Thanks for the post guys! I managed to source a polish made stock but am still missing the upper handguard. I did check out springfield sporter and ordered a frw odds and ends. Long and short I have German mag parts and a German bolt that has a polish acceptanc stamp. Everythig else is polish made. Still missing the cleaning rod and upper hand guard but other than that i managed to source almost all FB radon make. The barrel and recever are 1937 dated.

VMASCIOP2000
United States of America

#7 Post by VMASCIOP2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 am

Sjemo45 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:55 am
Thanks for the post guys! I managed to source a polish made stock but am still missing the upper handguard. I did check out springfield sporter and ordered a frw odds and ends. Long and short I have German mag parts and a German bolt that has a polish acceptanc stamp. Everythig else is polish made. Still missing the cleaning rod and upper hand guard but other than that i managed to source almost all FB radon make. The barrel and recever are 1937 dated.
I'd say your doing great so far.

Return to “Military Bolt Action Rifle General Topics”