Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

LaRue Tactical MBT AR-15 trigger/hammer assembly

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

LaRue Tactical MBT AR-15 trigger/hammer assembly

#1 Post by RWS » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:35 am

Well, Larue has their MBT (Meticulously Built Triggers) hammer/trigger assembly for AR-15's on sale through Christmas for $87 + $8 shipping. After listening to several of my friends gush about what a great trigger this was I decided to gamble on one.

It's 2-stage with a decided 2-3 lb bump when you get to the end of the take-up. Breaks clean as glass. First class materials & workmanship. Comes with an additional extra-strength trigger spring in case you want a slightly heavier trigger pull. Feels as good as any Geissele I've tried. Likely is the nicest trigger and hammer you can get for under a Benjamin. I'm getting another one for my AR-10.

LaRue decided to deviate, design-wise, from the original Stoner/USGI design. This assembly more resembles what you would see on a M1-Garand than an AR-15 but this would most likely only offend the retro crowd. Installs the same as a USGI hammer & trigger, but you do have to remove the safety/selector lever to seat the trigger, then reinstall the safety. Picture from LaRue's web site and link below. Anybody else tried one of these?

5277949d02b5f8dddd50b1d6989eefe1.jpg

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-ta ... s-trigger/

-Bob

Return to “M16/AR Style”