Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Auto Ordinance M1 Carbine

Smokey
United States of America

Auto Ordinance M1 Carbine

#1 Post by Smokey » Sun May 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Found out the wife likes the Carbine. I got rid of mine since we live in the "peoples state of repression".
Does anyone have any experience with the Auto Ordinance rifles?

https://www.auto-ordnance.com/auto-ordnance-m1-carbine/

I suppose I could get one with a 10 rnd magazine, or better, wait till we get out of the northeast zone of madness.
Arguing with someone who denounces reason is like administering medicine to a corpse.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Auto Ordinance M1 Carbine

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Mon May 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Buy her the new wood stock BB gun version. She can shoot in the basement. Springfield Armory M1 see viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3035

The reproductions
see review of Inland VS Auto :arrow: https://www.gun-tests.com/issues/29_2/f ... OyQwi2ZPfE

At $1000, heck go for the real USGI again.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Smokey
United States of America

#3 Post by Smokey » Thu May 30, 2019 6:16 am

Thanks for that. I didn't know about the Inland model. That's the one I'll get.
Arguing with someone who denounces reason is like administering medicine to a corpse.

Tuna
United States of America

#4 Post by Tuna » Thu May 30, 2019 4:15 pm

DON'T waste your time or money with the Inland or the Auto Ordnance. Both are problematic at best. In fact Auto Ordnance makes many of the parts used by the so called new Inland. Quality control by AO is hit or miss at best. This has carried over to Inland too. Look for a good used Plainfield carbine or a good rebuilt USGI original carbine. They are cheaper to buy and the USGI model will just increase in value over the years. The others won't. I would also suggest you stay away from the Universal carbines as the later production does not use surplus USGI parts and most of the Universal parts are long gone. USGI parts do not interchange with Universals.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#5 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:59 pm

DON'T waste your time or money with the Inland or the Auto Ordnance. Both are problematic at best.

An interesting review about Auto Ordnance's model:

Dave Turner says:
October 17, 2018 at 10:56 PM
I have one of Auto Ordinance’s M1 Carbines. Bought it about a year ago. ‘Regular’ type like above, but without the graffiti and art…and without a bayonet lug either.

All I have to say is that it is NOT reliable at all. It is one of the worst functioning new, out-of-the-box rifles I’ve ever owned. It constantly jammed, the bolt would lock up. The hardware didn’t work well together. I switched ammo brands about four times; it didn’t make much of a difference. I didn’t get reasonable performance out of it until after about 500-600 rnds were fired. I kept thinking it would get ‘broken in’.

I still have it, and it still jams up at times. I’ve read about other shooters with the same problem on that model. I chalk it up to poor quality parts chosen for the hardware, especially the slide. And the piston gets dirty very quickly. You have to dissemble and clean the whole thing after every 50 rnds, or it won’t function consistently.
source : https://www.ammoland.com/2018/08/auto-o ... z5pbwYDEaa
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “M1 Carbine”