Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Good M1 video

Hippycrowe
United States of America

Good M1 video

#1 Post by Hippycrowe » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:40 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o2idYNKWGm4

I have to admit you sure can reload a Garand fast

Smokey
United States of America

Re: Good M1 video

#2 Post by Smokey » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:45 pm

That video pretty much dispelled all the so-called flaws associated with the M1. The "enemy hearing the ping" being the most absurd. With all the racket of rifles being fired the enemy won't hear it. This was verified by interviews of German soldiers after the war. It is a good signal to the shooter to reload. And yes, when someone is proficient, reloading can be done from "ping" to back to the shoulder in 3-4 seconds.
If the rifle is properly greased (almost every moving surface) and with a good return spring, it will chamber the top round as soon as you get the clip latched in. Usually a small nudge gets it started and NO!! your thumb will not get smashed when loading it. That's more likely when you close the bolt on an empty magazine..
Arguing with someone who denounces reason is like administering medicine to a corpse.

Hippycrowe
United States of America

Re: Good M1 video

#3 Post by Hippycrowe » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:01 pm

The M1 is as perfect as a rifle designed in the 1930s can be.A mag would have been better but when you think of it in a bolt action world a fast loading clip is a big advantage.

Return to “M1 Garand”