what is best

ArkSlim

what is best

Post by ArkSlim »

Know there are as many opinions as rifles but would like to see if there is any agreement on what is the best SKS :!:

ammolab

Re: what is best

Post by ammolab »

Define “best”? Best fit and finish? Best Accuracy? Best value for the money? Best investment for the future?

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by RWS »

At one time I had a Chinese Norinco, a Yugoslav, and a Russian Tula. All were equally reliable but the Russian SKS was far and away the most accurate. I'd go with a Russian if I wanted another SKS. Just my 2 cents worth...

-Bob

Ghoulardi

Post by Ghoulardi »

for having a beautiful stock and the original, russian, hands down

Russians always command a higher price and are desirable by folks looking for a SKS

as for accuracy, the Chinese SKS that has a screwed in barrel is as accurate as my russian, pinned in barrel, not as accurate as the Russian or Chinese screw in barrel
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

ArkSlim

Post by ArkSlim »

Which Chinese sks's have the screwed bbl's.? Have read that one model (D) was one of the best built of any sks's?

Ghoulardi

Post by Ghoulardi »

the early ones, ones that are "Sino-Soviet" very early 60s vintage. usually they'll be stamped arsenal "26" (triangle with 26 in it) but there might be other arsenals that has screwed in barrel.

might help you
http://chinesesks.weebly.com/
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

echo1

Post by echo1 »

With an SKS "BEST" can be the luck of the draw. As far as accuracy goes, most all Paratroopers are a tad "more accurate", than any standard length rifle out to 100 yards. I suspect that it has to do with harmonics AND a fresh crown. A pinned barrel is as likely to be as good a shooter as a screwed barrel, and surprisingly, a lot of folks will tell you their mix masters are their best shootin guns??!! I have an undocumented bring back, that can barely get on paper with a mag, but it's a good one to me. PAX

Return to “SKS Carbines”