Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Chinese [0306] Arsenal SKS

echo1
United States of America

Re: Chinese [0306] Arsenal SKS

#16 Post by echo1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:21 pm

Ghoulardi wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:36 am
as I stated before there is only 2 ways to mount a scope; that is either attaching it directly on the side of the receiver or on the rear sight, those are the only 2 places on the gun where a scope mount would be rock solid and you won't lose zero
There's another way that's proven. You can use a receiver type mount, that's threaded through the receiver cover hold down latch hole and cover at the same time. Works, but use as low a mount as possible, not a "see through". PAX

Dannyboy53
United States of America

#17 Post by Dannyboy53 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Is this using a scope rail receiver cover? If so that's out of the question, thanks anyway! I like the idea of mounting the scope mount directly to the side of the receiver as Ghoulardi suggested so the scope doesn't have to be disturbed when cleaning the carbine. I'll tell her about that idea and see what she wants.
"If the general government should persist in the measures now threatened, there must be war."
General Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#18 Post by Ghoulardi » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:47 am

danny, someone of another board posted pics of how he installed a scope mount on his SKS, using the mount system I previous linked to. this is defiantly the way to go for scoping a SKS :D

Image[/URL]
[URL="http://imageshack.com/f/podTskrgj"]Image
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Dannyboy53
United States of America

#19 Post by Dannyboy53 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:28 am

Ghoulardi wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:47 am
danny, someone of another board posted pics of how he installed a scope mount on his SKS, using the mount system I previous linked to. this is defiantly the way to go for scoping a SKS :D
Thank you sir, I agree with you. This looks to me like the only way to go. I may have this done with my M59/66.
"If the general government should persist in the measures now threatened, there must be war."
General Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson

Return to “SKS Carbines”