Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Gun shop Yugo 59/66 $$$

Spavac
United States of America

Gun shop Yugo 59/66 $$$

#1 Post by Spavac » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Checking the used rifle section of a gun shop that I only visit once in a while, I spotted a Yugo 59/66. Picked it up to have a closer look. First and most obvious was the absence of the bayonet. Don't exactly remember but I can't remember seeing the sight ladder for the grenade launcher either. Next, on closer inspection, I found it to be almost totally mismatched serial number wise! It wasn't pristine but it certainly wasn't a total mess. I didn't manipulate the bolt or the gas valve nor did I check for the cleaning kit in the stock. Some shops prefer that be done with a sales person present. Finally, I had a look at the price tag and saw that they wanted over $550 for it!! I'll admit that I haven't been following the price trends for the Yugo SKS rifles but I thought was more than a bit to much for a mismatched Yugo 59/66 with parts missing. Unissued, still in cosmoline with a full set of the usual accessories, ya maybe but the way it was, NO WAY :shock: :shock: :shock: ! Have I been out of the loop for too long? Is this the going price for a Yugo SKS rifle these days?
Spavac

steamer
United States of America

Re: Gun shop Yugo 59/66 $$$

#2 Post by steamer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

I agree, that seems high especially if it's missing the bayonet. Last time Classic had them however (mid 2018), the price was $430 so supply and demand keeps pushing the prices up.

Had to look at my own records just for grins - in 2006 I got my "like new" 59/66 from AIM for $130 - guess I should have bought several of them.

Charles Lipscomb
United States of America

#3 Post by Charles Lipscomb » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Way over priced from your description. You can get a decent chinese sks, matching for less.
The shop may have over paid and are trying to recoup the difference.
And around 2004 i bought a pair from aim surplus for 90 each shipped. They were used and on clearence. Devcent rifles. I still have one.
" The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Management

Tommy Fox Stone
United States of America

#4 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:15 pm

That is way too much for a mismatched, missing parts SKS, mine was $505 with shiping and tax, and its all matching...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...

C.S.A...

Spavac
United States of America

#5 Post by Spavac » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:19 pm

In June of 2011, I paid $295 and change OTD. That was from a retailer (farm & home chain) in Green Bay WI. Prolly could have gotten a slightly lower base price on-line but after S&H and FFL fees it might have been more. Buying from the retailer allowed me to do a hands on inspection. That's usually a bonus.
The prices have certainly (and expectedly) gone up on most of the war surplus stuff. I was clearly surprised to see it so high in this shop. If they are charging that much to recoup their costs, they gave it WAY TO MUCH trade in value.
Spavac

Return to “SKS Carbines”