Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

M-59/66A1 SKS...

Post Reply
Message
Author
Tommy Fox Stone
Member
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 am
Age: 51
Location: Angier, NC
United States of America

M-59/66A1 SKS...

#1 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Mon May 14, 2018 3:50 pm

I got myself a Yugoslavian M-59/66A1 SKS rifle this weekend, its all matching serial numbers, so fair everything looks great on it, just lots of cosmline...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...


C.S.A...

DaleH
Member
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:24 pm
Age: 57
Location: Mass, USA
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#2 Post by DaleH » Mon May 14, 2018 4:02 pm

I hear you ... nice pickup!

Just bought a Navy Arms (made by Zoli) Zouave black powdah rifled musket for $175 and the lock inside and under the barrel was COVERED w/ cosmoline.

I had to laugh ... 1st time I’ve seen that! Then again, the lock dates to 1960 and overall the condition is mint!

User avatar
Ghoulardi
Member
Member
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:06 pm
Age: 61
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Ukraine

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#3 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 pm

if yours is anything like mine, that I bought years and years ago, just wait until you try to put the trigger group back in after taking it out to clean all the cosmoline out of it. fun times are to be had :D

I will tell you this, take the bolt completely apart and clean the snot out of it, it will be packed in cosmoline.
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Tommy Fox Stone
Member
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 am
Age: 51
Location: Angier, NC
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#4 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks DaleH...
Ghoulardi wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 pm
if yours is anything like mine, that I bought years and years ago, just wait until you try to put the trigger group back in after taking it out to clean all the cosmoline out of it. fun times are to be had :D

I will tell you this, take the bolt completely apart and clean the snot out of it, it will be packed in cosmoline.
Oh yes it was alot of fun too put back in, and it was very educational too, I leared some new curse words :lol: I did take the bolt apart, don't want any slamfires...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...


C.S.A...

Tommy Fox Stone
Member
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 am
Age: 51
Location: Angier, NC
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#5 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:25 pm

I get a question how do you tell what year your Yugoslavian made?...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...


C.S.A...

echo1
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:11 am
Age: 65
Location: Kali, USA
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#6 Post by echo1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:17 pm

This might help. Nice pick up. PAX

https://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=81.0

OldGrouchyGuy
Member
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:49 pm
Age: 61
Location: Montgomery County, Texas
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#7 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Tommy Fox Stone wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:50 pm
I got myself a Yugoslavian M-59/66A1 SKS rifle this weekend, its all matching serial numbers, so fair everything looks great on it, just lots of cosmline...
Watch out and take care. Those sks's are addictive. Pretty soon you will be buying blanks and inert grenades to shoot off of the yugo. Then the Yugo's kinfolk from other countries (China, Russia, Romania, Albania etc.) will want to move in.

It goes downhill quickly from there.

You have been duly warned. :lol:
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

Tommy Fox Stone
Member
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 am
Age: 51
Location: Angier, NC
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#8 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:42 am

echo1 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:17 pm
This might help. Nice pick up. PAX

https://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=81.0

Thanks that was a big help, my SKS was made in 1968...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...


C.S.A...

Tommy Fox Stone
Member
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 am
Age: 51
Location: Angier, NC
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#9 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:01 pm

OldGrouchyGuy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:07 pm
Tommy Fox Stone wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:50 pm
I got myself a Yugoslavian M-59/66A1 SKS rifle this weekend, its all matching serial numbers, so fair everything looks great on it, just lots of cosmline...
Watch out and take care. Those sks's are addictive. Pretty soon you will be buying blanks and inert grenades to shoot off of the yugo. Then the Yugo's kinfolk from other countries (China, Russia, Romania, Albania etc.) will want to move in.

It goes downhill quickly from there.

You have been duly warned. :lol:
Its too late, they already started moving the Chinese got here first...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...


C.S.A...

echo1
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:11 am
Age: 65
Location: Kali, USA
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#10 Post by echo1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:26 pm

Tommy Fox Stone wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:01 pm
OldGrouchyGuy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:07 pm
Tommy Fox Stone wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:50 pm
I got myself a Yugoslavian M-59/66A1 SKS rifle this weekend, its all matching serial numbers, so fair everything looks great on it, just lots of cosmline...
Watch out and take care. Those sks's are addictive. Pretty soon you will be buying blanks and inert grenades to shoot off of the yugo. Then the Yugo's kinfolk from other countries (China, Russia, Romania, Albania etc.) will want to move in.

It goes downhill quickly from there.

You have been duly warned. :lol:
Its too late, they already started moving the Chinese got here first...
Yes, SKSs are like Gremlins, they self replicate. Glad I was able to help. PAX

Post Reply

Return to “SKS Carbines”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest