Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Blind Date with short Chinese Twins

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

Blind Date with short Chinese Twins

#1 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:05 pm

I had ordered 2 of the papratrooper SKS's SOG had the first day they went on sale. Some of the rifles had no lugs and had cracked stocks so I'm glad I jumped on it early. Both of the rifles I got had the bayonet lugs, the proper cut for the paratrooper spike bayo, no cracks in stock, cleaning rod, cleaning kit in stock, and 1 was all matching (Arsenal 26), the other scrubbed. They were in much better shape than I expected.

Here are the ladies.
20181015_203936.jpg
Last edited by OldGrouchyGuy on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

Re: Blind Date with short Chinese Twins

#2 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 pm

do those also have the scope rail rivets on the receiver?
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

echo1
United States of America

#3 Post by echo1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:47 am

The early birds scored pretty hard, but some of the "non" bayo units are turning out to be Navy Arms imports, some are showing up with T89 rails, and some appear NIB.

Yours look great and were a good buy in todays world. PAX

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

#4 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:39 am

Ghoulardi wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 pm
do those also have the scope rail rivets on the receiver?
The rifles I got had normal milled recvrs and did not have the scope rail or any rivets etc.
NRA Lifetime member, CHL, C&R - Known to be extremely Grouchy and may be armed. Do not attempt to apprehend and instead notify local authorities.

echo1
United States of America

#5 Post by echo1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Unless the Paratrooper is a Kengs Para Hunter, I like them better with the bayo attachment, It looks how an SKS should have been made.

BTW I've got an extra Para spiker bayo I'd trade for an SKS blade one if anyone/s in the hunt for one.. PAX

OldGrouchyGuy
United States of America

#6 Post by OldGrouchyGuy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:26 pm

I had a friend who hates bayos give me 2 paratrooper bayos. Sweet! I also called SOG back the other day because I saw where they had the cracked stock ones for 209 dollars but they were all sold out. I'm Sorry I missed out on that one.

Return to “SKS Carbines”