Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

M-59/66A1 SKS...

Tommy Fox Stone
United States of America

M-59/66A1 SKS...

#1 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Mon May 14, 2018 3:50 pm

I got myself a Yugoslavian M-59/66A1 SKS rifle this weekend, its all matching serial numbers, so fair everything looks great on it, just lots of cosmline...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...

C.S.A...

DaleH
United States of America

Re: M-59/66A1 SKS...

#2 Post by DaleH » Mon May 14, 2018 4:02 pm

I hear you ... nice pickup!

Just bought a Navy Arms (made by Zoli) Zouave black powdah rifled musket for $175 and the lock inside and under the barrel was COVERED w/ cosmoline.

I had to laugh ... 1st time I’ve seen that! Then again, the lock dates to 1960 and overall the condition is mint!

Ghoulardi
Ukraine

#3 Post by Ghoulardi » Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 pm

if yours is anything like mine, that I bought years and years ago, just wait until you try to put the trigger group back in after taking it out to clean all the cosmoline out of it. fun times are to be had :D

I will tell you this, take the bolt completely apart and clean the snot out of it, it will be packed in cosmoline.
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!

Tommy Fox Stone
United States of America

#4 Post by Tommy Fox Stone » Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks DaleH...
Ghoulardi wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 pm
if yours is anything like mine, that I bought years and years ago, just wait until you try to put the trigger group back in after taking it out to clean all the cosmoline out of it. fun times are to be had :D

I will tell you this, take the bolt completely apart and clean the snot out of it, it will be packed in cosmoline.
Oh yes it was alot of fun too put back in, and it was very educational too, I leared some new curse words :lol: I did take the bolt apart, don't want any slamfires...
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot Your Gun, Kill Them All Right Now. Bang!, Bang!, Bang!, Bang!. Life Is But A Scream!...

C.S.A...

Return to “SKS Carbines”