Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Trying to find an SVT

Kbaumgartner
United States of America

Trying to find an SVT

#1 Post by Kbaumgartner » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:59 am

Hello all! I have been trying to find one for sale but come up short. They seem to be going for a very high price on gunbroker. And I'm just not a fan of using gubroker. I thought I had one for a decent price but got outbid at the last second. Where could I find one of these nowadays. I live in Ohio. Benn looking around gun shops and pawnshop. But just seems like these rifles are a rare find now.

AGB-1
United States of America

Re: Trying to find an SVT

#2 Post by AGB-1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:37 am

Contact Family Firearms and Finishes and see if he can find one for you. He is on the Forum.

VMASCIOP2000
United States of America

#3 Post by VMASCIOP2000 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:03 am

Don't forget local gun shows. I usually see one or two at most shows in this area.
I was R.L.E.V.M. on our old forum.

echo1
United States of America

#4 Post by echo1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Register over at Calguns, then ask the same question in the C&R section, and Gunboards has/had a couple listed recently. I too had been looking AT them, but missed the boat when they were plentiful and affordable.

I was helping my FFL bud tend to his table at a local show. He was getting a few tire kickers on his SVT40 listed at $1350. No takers at the end, so I offered 2 Chinese SKSs, one mismatched non papered bring back, the other mismatched also, in an ATI Monty with a receiver cover mounted scope, and 2 Big 5 Mosin 91'30s. To my delight he said "OK". We're in Kali, so the value on the street was about what he was asking, but the actual ducats I had into them wasn't that great. He was happy, I was happy. '41 Tula refurb matching except mag. Still have a squads worth of SKS and half a dozen Mosins, so it didn't hurt too bad. PAX

Kbaumgartner
United States of America

#5 Post by Kbaumgartner » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:51 pm

I have contacted Family Firearms they are actually local to me seen themy at the gun show. Been keeping my eye out for SVT but no luck yet will have to try the gun shows a few more times.

Return to “Tokarev SVT-38/40”