Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

JW-15 or ????

MauserMadness
United States of America

JW-15 or ????

#1 Post by MauserMadness » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:08 pm

So I've had this old rifle for a spell, no import mark, no model number. As far as I can tell it's a JW-15 or some variant there of from China. Now JW-15 rifles seem to be a hard bear to get information on. The only other one I've handled had a Made In China and Norinco stamp, it had the same magazine as the one I own. What was different was the rear site. As mine is a military type tangent and the other example fixed.

It is stamped with an arrow on a bullseye on the top of the receiver forward the chamber and a date of 1976. The rear site is graduated to 200 meters. Serial number is in the 5 digit range. Does anyone know exactly what I have?

If I'm lucky I can add pictures tomorrow but so far on mobile anything I take says "file to large" need to find an app to compress photos for when I am roaming mobile.

Cheers

MauserMadness

MauserMadness
United States of America

Re: JW-15 or ????

#2 Post by MauserMadness » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 am

Here is a picture of the receiver marking and the rear tangent site.

Any Insight on this rifle is appreciated.

MauserMadness
Attachments
JW-15.jpg
JW-15.jpg (24.51 KiB) Viewed 1318 times

korkster
United States of America

#3 Post by korkster » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Doesnt look like a JW15. Believe thats a JW8 Chinese training rifle. Anyone else want to chime in?

spentprimer
United States of America

#4 Post by spentprimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:35 am

It would be interesting to see a profile of the entire stock. Top of receiver looks like CZ to me, as does the rear sight.

A now deceased shooting buddy had a China made Norinco marked JW-15 that I had multiple opportunities to shoot. A nice surprise to shoot as accuracy was excellent and it functioned without issues. The stock finish appeared to be rather thick and clear with a dark brown stain of some sort under it. CZ type safety could have benefited with longer handle, but it was functional as it was, but younger shooters may have trouble operating with the lever it had.
This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok - Matthew Quigley

Return to “.22 Caliber Military Trainer”