Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Nepal Cache Martini

nrobertb
United States of America

Nepal Cache Martini

#1 Post by nrobertb » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Here are some before and after photos of the Francotte Model Martini rifle from the Nepal cache that I bought from IMA in "untouched" condition. It cleaned up nicely, but had a lot of issues and wasn't really safe to shoot. It was an interesting project with a fascinating bit of history and makes a great conversation piece. If you haven't seen IMA's DVD about the recovery of the cache I highly recommend it.
Attachments
DSC09779.JPG
DSC01981.jpg
DSC01980.jpg
DSC01975.jpg
DSC01973.jpg

ffuries
United States of America

Re: Nepal Cache Martini

#2 Post by ffuries » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:31 pm

I love looking at the before and after shots of the Nepal Cache, but what I hate is how many stories I read about how they aren't safe shoot. Granted it's a gamble as the whether you get a shooter or non-shooter. I would want to shoot everything I own at least once, but it isn't worth my life or body parts. Still it's a great conversation piece and a great rescue on your part, the final product looks awesome.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

nrobertb
United States of America

Re: Nepal Cache Martini

#3 Post by nrobertb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:16 pm

I eventually sold the Martini to a fellow who was going to convert it to a different caliber. I don't know how the project turned out but would like to. Unfortunately I have lost his address.

Return to “Antique Cartridge and Black Powder Rifles”