Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Louisville wasn't a total bust

Enfield Shooter
United States of America

Louisville wasn't a total bust

#1 Post by Enfield Shooter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 pm

While I have expressed extreme disappoint on the latest Louisville gun show, it wasn't a total bust. I was able to pick up 200 cast bullets for my .43 Spanish rolling block. I know I could have cast them myself for less but being 3 of the laziest people I know, this was clearly the best option for me. I paid $60.00 use for the lot. Now I have an order in with Larry Potterfield at Midway for an expander die. Should have bought this when I ordered the die set for the rifle. I'm thinking I'll be at the range early next week.
David
"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899

indy1919a4
United States of America

Re: Louisville wasn't a total bust

#2 Post by indy1919a4 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Went to Louisville also, Will not complain, but the Summer show there is always light... This one was a little lighter.

May be skipping the summer shows from now on.. But bets the heck out of setting at home.. :)

Enfield Shooter
United States of America

#3 Post by Enfield Shooter » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Indy1919a4, I usually go to the winter show myself. They moved it from December to January this time around. It conflicted with my annual trip to visit friends in Augusta GA so I passed. I went to an OGCA show as a guest one time. I will have to join this group as the trip is a lot closer, the kinds of guns and stuff I look for were there in abundance.
David
Victoria 1899

indy1919a4
United States of America

#4 Post by indy1919a4 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Enfield Shooter wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:44 pm
Indy1919a4, I usually go to the winter show myself. They moved it from December to January this time around. It conflicted with my annual trip to visit friends in Augusta GA so I passed. I went to an OGCA show as a guest one time. I will have to join this group as the trip is a lot closer, the kinds of guns and stuff I look for were there in abundance.
Many thanks for bringing the OGCS up.. Prey tell, when did you do last and how would you compare it to Louisville??? I have never been there

Also have you ever done the Wanenmakers show in Tulsa???

Enfield Shooter
United States of America

#5 Post by Enfield Shooter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:34 am

OOH, Wanenmakers. I've been told about it and have had to stop & wipe the drool off my face. I haven't been there but would really like to. I,d have to save my pennies for quite a while. The OCGA show I went to was quite good. There were more than a few vendors with the kinds of guns that I like. There was also a good number of military that wasn't nazi. Smaller than Louisville but has more of what Surplus Rifle Forum members would be interested in. No need to walk through a field of tupperware to find our kind of rifle.
David
Victoria 1899

Return to “Antique Cartridge and Black Powder Rifles”