Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

2018 MILITARY SURPLUS mag

72 usmc
United States of America

2018 MILITARY SURPLUS mag

#1 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 am

The new 2018 winter 17 issue #202 of MILITARY SURPLUS magazine published by Athlon Publications is just out at the mag stores. Cost is $9.95 There are 128 pages. Very few ads, mostly articles. The article on the Israeli k98s is great. The War flicks review is kind of interesting as well is the one about the French 1892 revolver.
IMG_1114.JPG
The contents:
IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1125.JPG
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
United States of America

Re: 2018 MILITARY SURPLUS mag

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:42 pm

OK, I am reading more and this is a pretty good issue. The article on the Sherman is from the author that knew a tanker and actually got to drive and fire the gun at a place in Texas. I was an M48 tanker in the USMC and while there is no mention of the smell, heat, smoke, noise and all the maintenance headaches. It's a dog to tighten up the track, and if it comes off it's a real female dog to get back on especially if you roll off the track completely. :roll: :doh: :doh: :doh: And do not use the extingushers to cool beer, if you actually get a fire, your in big trouble. I loved that fast moving M51 recover tank. A tow truck with attitude. The author presents an accurate impression of what it must have been like in a cramped Sherman. Lots of interior photos and his impressions on driving the tank. This one read is worth the price of the magazine. I am going to have to check into drivetanks.com. The Victory pistol is also a great read. Likewise the MG34. A GREAT issue, I am going to get a second copy to keep as a crispy, mint spare- it's that good :!:

Makes me towant to watch Fury a third time, to catch things I missed about the M4 Sherman.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Books and Literature”