http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ishapore 2A1 scout mount
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:06 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Aside from removing the rear sight base and using a XS scout mount that fits over the barrel does anyone manufacture a low scout mount that will use the rear sight base of the 2A1? I see S&K will not work for the 2A1 but only for the 2A anyone know why this is? I appreciate your time and assistance, thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:01 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

The 2A has the older 2000m rear sight left over from the .303 rifle production (and calibrated for that round).

The sight change was the big difference between the 2A and the 2A1. The 2A1 has a shorter 800m sight calibrated for the 7.62 NATO.

Just an off the cuff idea. Maybe you could find a 2A rear sight to swap out if you really want the S&K mount.

Jay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:37 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

jaytex1969 wrote:
The 2A has the older 2000m rear sight left over from the .303 rifle production (and calibrated for that round).

The sight change was the big difference between the 2A and the 2A1. The 2A1 has a shorter 800m sight calibrated for the 7.62 NATO.

Just an off the cuff idea. Maybe you could find a 2A rear sight to swap out if you really want the S&K mount.

Jay

I was considering going that route since it really wouldn't be too much of a hassle with tear down because my rifle is in a ATI synthetic stock. Just knock out the pins for the front and rear and carefully knock the sight bases off. I was more wondering about the rear sight bases from the 2A 2000m base and the 2A1 800m base if they had to change that as well and not just the rear sight [leaf] and why.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:22 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

In doing some more "research" (looking at internet pics), I do not see very much difference in size (length) between the two sights. Admittedly, I'm not finding the side by side shots I was hoping for.

The range markings are not marked out on the full length of the 2A1 sights but the sight itself looks similar in length.

I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere that the shape/curve of the sight, the part that the slider rides on, was different. Maybe that is why the S&K only fits one.

If someone happens to own both sights, please set us straight.