Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

EARTH SHAKING

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

EARTH SHAKING

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi - Is there anyone here from Oklahoma that happened to hear about an earth quake there last evening about 8 or 9. I hear a lot about earth quakes there abouts because some say that the oil and gas well fracking may be the cause. I have a little DIY Seismograph that was acting up last evening. It is sensitive but due to its simplicity it doesn’t give any indication of the direction to the disturbance. And I realize that earth quakes are so common in that area that little ones are not news worthy. They do the fracking here in Colorado also so it may be from here – I don’t know. Also it is said that a lot of this stuff is happening in the Yellowstone area all of the time. Just wondering.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

spentprimer
United States of America

Re: EARTH SHAKING

#2 Post by spentprimer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Hello Gunner!

This may be of some help to you.

USGS Earthquake Map
This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok - Matthew Quigley

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Re: EARTH SHAKING

#3 Post by OLDGUNNER » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 am

Hi – Thank you....I’ll put this site on my desk-top and have a daily input. I don’t have a recorder on my thingie so I never know when the low amplitude quakes have happened. But now I will just for the heck of it I’ll be able to watch mine and record some times and then check with this site and may be able to pin-point just which quake I may have detected.
Years ago I thought of the possibility of incorporating a seismograph into a military artillery piece that could read the position of incoming enemy artillery fire and direct its return fire.

Thanks again,
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”