Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

FOREST FIRE

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

FOREST FIRE

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:02 pm

If you think that you have heard about some bad politics, how about this....now maybe this is just bum TV reporting but there is a big forest fire going on right now just north of Durango, 70 miles to our west....the western sky is completely filled with smoke and it smells like the fire is right near by. But....It was just reported on TV that the water dropping tankers have been called off due to drones in the area. Now why would the forestry be afraid to just go up in a helicopter with some 12 gauge shot guns and blow them out of the sky? Go figure on that. Let say that they are not allowed to fly the copters even, but how about ground fire. There just has to be someone that’s afraid to do their job.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

professrh
United States of America

Re: FOREST FIRE

#2 Post by professrh » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:57 am

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#3 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:12 am

I well understand the problem - so they won't even let a helicopter go up and blow them down with a shot gun or down-draft. The fire is still out of control and some ashes are falling here - 70 miles away. The courts are so restricted that they can't send the perpetrator to life in prison without parole....and that would cost the tax payers a bunch of money...how about a mini .22 LR Gatling Gun? I just can not help but seeing that this would bring them down. Larger caliber stuff can't be used because of the danger of the falling bullets.

It was just on the news that 400 more home owners have been forced to evacuate.

Plus, I don't see why they can't put a temporary screen over the helicopter engine intakes and make quick work of them.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by Rapidrob » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:20 pm

We have three major fires going on here. The sky is filled with smoke.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”