Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

OH MY GOSH

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

OH MY GOSH

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Oh my gosh – This could make heat-treating steel so easy, for anyone. I have two of these but older models that just go to maybe 300 degree F. These claim to go to 999 F. They may not be accurate per-se because of the items surface, but this can be dealt with. This can be adjusted for, higher or lower. Just think for small items that can be heated with the 3.95 propane tank, and if it won’t get hot enough, go to the Map Gas, but the main issue is the tempering temperature. I have to get me one.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Non-Contact- ... e13f91b93a

You may wonder why I edited my post about the 'quenching'. I forgot that some may not be familiar with 'the quench tempering' processes.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: OH MY GOSH

#2 Post by Rapidrob » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:16 pm

I've had one for a few years now.
i love it. Always have a spare set of batteries though.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Re: OH MY GOSH

#3 Post by OLDGUNNER » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Mine has been ordered – I have always wanted to do some group accuracy testing where I would let the ammo soak in the barrel until it lowed to given temperature and then fire. Another thing I wanted to do was keep my ammo in a little battery operated temperature controlled box and then load and shoot when the barrel temperature had lowered to a repeated temperature...I got as far as a half built box with that. Another thing I tried one time was to work up the best load for the first ‘Cold shot’, and that turned out to be taking just too darn long, so I gave up on that.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”