Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

IT CAN BE DONE

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

IT CAN BE DONE

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:14 pm

http://www.instinctshooting-quickkill.c ... ethod.html

https://www.bing.com/search?q=instinct+ ... =QBRE&sp=1

I happened upon this guy’s first book in 66. ‘Now’ there are all kinds of methods with people adding in their own ideas...And I can see where, ‘I think’ the original idea is obscured.
I think that I can write a digest of the book and in keeping with the main thought without all of the clutter in one simple paragraph, and resulting in much simpler and faster learning.

When my son was about ten I bought him a Daisy BB Gun and took off the sights and in about 45 minutes had him shooting tennis ball sized aerial targets every time.

And with the smaller targets like aspirins at 15 feet and BB’s at 10 or 12 feet in the air, yes, hit a BB with a BB. Since the BB gun is not accurate enough but for the closest shots and used only for learning the technique, then it is time to move on to the .22 at 20 and 25 feet and back up with the larger targets like tennis ball size and after some practice work your way down to the aspirins.....and as he said, this is usually about as far as he normally took his students. It is surprising how quick this can be done. I read an article about a Remington factory shooter using this method to shoot skeet with shot gun slugs.
In his first book he only covered rifle shooting. Now we can see all kinds of pistol shooting with this method also. I haven’t even tried this – I never could get the hang of pistol shooting.

I see hard copies of his revised editions on Amazon for $100...oh my gosh.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”