Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

IN PASSING

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

IN PASSING

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:23 pm

JUST FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH - - I quite often see where someone is asking for a load for such-and-such a caliber. I would no more ask for, nor give anyone a load for ‘anything’ than try to hitch - hike to the moon. If they can’t figure out that this is not prudent, then I would have nothing to do with them. Of course there will be some that may think that this is too harsh and this is just fine with me, but even if one says that they just took it from a reloading manual, there is room for error.

A true story – One time years ago I was reloading for a .28 gauge Remington 1100 with Green Dot and it had been shooting just fine...and for some wild dumb reason I decided to load one shell with 10% more powder and took it outside and shot it. The receiver blew into some pieces and they fell on the ground. I do now have the new .28 gauge 1100 for a replacement.

Some may remember when there was a class action lawsuit against Remington when someone’s 12 gauge Model 1100 blew up and in exchange for $75 I signed a statement that I would not bring any such action against Remington. Who knows what caused that, and I still have the 1100.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

lloydiam
United States of America

Re: IN PASSING

#2 Post by lloydiam » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:59 pm

Nor will I !..................

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”