Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

DIY FWITW

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

DIY FWITW

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 pm

A DIY thingie – Coyote Calls...I made the two in front in 1960 - they still work. :shifty: – just needs new rubber bands once in a while. The little stack at top, I just made recently. I do not recall seeing this type for sale.

One thing that I found out is that one will make a certain pitch sound and a coyote may just set and listen. And if the second is blown with its different pitch, for some reason known only to a coyote, this usually will interest them to a point of them come running to the two sounds. It is maybe, ‘There are more than one, maybe I should get there quick and get some’.

I am really now a ‘live and let live’ type of guy...but these darn coyotes are not satisfied with all of those mice and voles out there – they hang around trying to get our cats for a special dinner. When I was a kid I liked nothing better than squirrel hunting. And my dad would say, ‘Now shoot them in the head’. I haven’t had a hunting license for maybe 20 years.

Why is it, I still like to fish – am I just a hypocrite?

A funny thing – our cat will go into the bushes and catch a mouse and bring it back and play with it in front of the dog, and the dog won’t interfere until the cat kills it and says okay, and the dog will swallow it in one gulp.
DSC_0031.JPG
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”