Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

United States of America

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 pm

Knowledge is power, it is said – I like to think of it in a more humble sense as in ‘Knowledge is good’ – forget the ‘power’ part.
Most people don’t even think about knowledge as being a good thing. The old saying that ‘Ignorance is bliss’ is well founded in our society. Look around you. You see it everywhere. IGNORANCE IS BLISS...most people don’t want to bother with any kind of knowledge other than just enough to survive...or less. They will rationalize that they don’t have time nor need to know any more than just enough to survive. ‘To survive’ is relative. To some it may be as simple as being able to fill out an application for welfare. To others it may be wanting to take advantage of the GI bill for the four years of college.
Just the other day someone here stated, “That you can’t legislate evil away.” This can possible be true....if there is not enough people that want it to be not so, but it can at least have a big dent put into it. As well as it is hard to legislate the need for knowledge. This can be hard to do.
One time at my work I was given the task of showing around two brand new Electrical Engineering graduates from some University in Washington state and to see if they would fit in. In one of the resumes he had stated that he had completed his education at such-an-such a place. And I said that, oh, you have 'completed...', you have nothing more to learn...I understand that you have been introduced to a bunch of new tools but can’t you see that now you will really be using those tools to learn? This one guy didn’t understand this and they both were asked to move on to some other place after a couple of months, which they did. It really wasn’t their fault, in a way. It was our personnel office that didn’t do right in their interviews. We were of a very small section of a specialized work force....maybe 175 people that covered the world at 15 or so sites.

What I really want to say is that, look at these links and see all of the free information, free knowledge available just for the asking. They are people out there that are dedicated enough to try to help people that are willing to help themselves. There are no prerequisites, no tests, just audit the class and pick up what you can, for the first two at least – I don’t know about that third one, but I sure will try one of those. There is just what seems to be an unlimited number of bona fide free classes out there, and unlimited access to libraries.

http://college.usatoday.com/2015/10/16/ ... e-classes/

I am ‘watching’ this one now, but boy, this guy is talking as one may say, a mile a minute...but I would say, TOO DARN FAST....But, I must say, it is free, so lest I not complain too much and he does seem to slow down later on.
This link is cutting in in the middle of the regular class 'SIGN UP' as an example of the class. Maybe it will continue as normal though the whole course, I don't know.

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”