Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

COYOTE PELTS

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

COYOTE PELTS

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:12 pm

In passing - I just thought I would check on the going price for coyote pelts and I saw no ‘Fur Buyers’ listed in a Southwest Colorado Yellow Pages directory. So I called a taxidermy place and he said, “No, there is no market for them.”...And I said, why....and he said, “There are just too many.” And that he was busy just mounting Bob Cat mounts. What do you charge for that...1,095. What are you paying for Bob Cat pelts, “Nothing, same reason, too many.” He just mounts for the people bringing in their own pelts.
So far, I haven’t quite figured this out.....But one time I was talking to the local ‘Waste Management guy’ at his ‘Transfer station’ and he said that every evening at sun down the Bob Cats come into the place.
One time I had set a trap out back for the coyotes and caught a Bob Cat, and I had a heck of time letting him out of the trap – they just look so pretty, but are not one bit friendly, especially after being stuck in that trap.

Hams03
United States of America

Re: COYOTE PELTS

#2 Post by Hams03 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:02 pm

Interesting. I heard quite a group of yotes the other night within a quarter mile. Trying to draw them in.

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”