Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

NIGHT SCOPE

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Re: NIGHT SCOPE

#16 Post by OLDGUNNER » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Well, I have decided that I wouldn’t be interested in buying a surplus Night Scope and I wouldn’t be buying one that I couldn’t test in the dark outside. I found out just how, well somewhat, this fur buying business works out this way and it is ‘do it their way or leave it’. There are just more hides available than required. It isn’t everyone that will appreciate a Coyote Trooper Cap.
I just interrupted this and called PETSKA Fur Buyer and talked to Greg, the owner. it appears that he is one of the biggest fur buyers in the mid west and here. He has men going around half of the country buying hides. He said that the time for prime coyote pelts here was November and December, but they would buy up through early spring but just not at the prime price. His prime buying price is 20 to 50 dollars. I wanted to ask him how he dealt with bullet holes but he said that he was driving somewhere on an icy highway so we didn’t get to that. I have a nice pretty red fox pelt in the garage right now but has a 2 inch hole in it from a .222. I think that to get any good price for anything they have to be trapped, but I am too old for doing any trapping. I envision doing best, for fur selling, is close night-time shooting with .22 rim fire head shots - we will see. And even in the day time, one shot with a 22-250 and one has to move on. We have a zillion prairie dogs here but I soon found out that a .22 Rim Fire is the only way to go for those. After the first shot with something loud and they won’t come out for 20 minutes.
Last edited by OLDGUNNER on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#17 Post by OLDGUNNER » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 pm

Okay Tommy, I think that I have figured out the problem. Now if you will delete all copies of my above postings, I think that all will be solved.
Thank you,
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#18 Post by Tommy Atkins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:01 am

OK let me get on it.
How's that?

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#19 Post by OLDGUNNER » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:08 pm

http://www.answers.com/Q/Does_machine_c ... ge#slide=7
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks Tommy – It was not necessarily a glitch but I would say more of a peculiarity of my computer, or the forum program. Either one is just not fast enough to keep this from happening, in this instance.
Here is what was really happening, I think. There was room to accept my message in the slot provided as normal, BUT JUST BARELY ENOUGH, but four or five seconds later it disappeared. In this 4 or 5 seconds, my computer decided that, nope, there is not enough room here, I will put it on the next page, page two. I did not realize that this is what was happening. So, I tried again, and again.
In the above link, on about the 19th click of the big arrow on the right to maybe the 50th click, it explains what is happening. A capacitor is taking this 4 or 5 seconds to either charge or discharge to make this execution (changing to the next page). And in the very program of the above link it can be noticed that things are happening slow because of the slowness of this computer, OR, the link program itself.
At least this is the way that I am seeing things.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
And while I am at it is it possible to contact phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited to have them modify this forum program to be able ‘cut and paste’ Hyperlinks. It would sure make things a lot more convenient to post items. If there is a way, I can’t find it.
And if you have notice, with this program it can be hard to post photos. I have seen where one person has said, “It sure would be nice if I could figure out how to post pictures,” or words to that effect.
Why can’t a little forum course, “Photo attaching 101” be set up, just to make the forum more friendly?
Maybe, huh.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#20 Post by Tommy Atkins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:09 pm

I think you may be suffering from "Clickitus", sometimes computers get bogged down internally & it takes then a few seconds to catch up. Clicking repeatedly just confuses them even more!
Cur & paste hyperlinks:
Its a tool already there, BUT its only in the "full Editor & preview" way of posting, so you won't see it f you use quick reply, like many do.
Click on the full editor box & look at the top of the typing area. See a graphic like a globe with a couple of chain links under it?
Click on it & a pair of bracketed commands appear. Now cursor to the gap between the braces & hit CONTROL-V your copied link will be added. hit enter & its done!
PO sting pictures is similar but use the "sun over a mountain box" instead.

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#21 Post by OLDGUNNER » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Hi Tommy – No, there was no ‘Clicktitus’. Look at your last posting on page one. I think that there may be a chance for the duplication of what I said, depending on your computer of course. Just post my message (for size), and see what happens.
Copy and paste hyperlinks...Yes, I have been using the ‘Quick Reply’. I’ll switch and see what happens. How in the heck is one to just know this?
I’ll try this “SUN OVER A MOUNTAIN BOX” thing. Again, is one just to know this?
As I said, how about some ‘Photo Attaching Instructions 101’...with some back and forth dialog. And a lot depends on what programs the Photos are being held in on their computer.

I would think that the more friendly the forum program is to the user, the more they would enjoy using it, am I wrong?

Thanx again for your help. We will persevere....

Oh, wait a minute, I still don't get the hyperlink to copy. Could you mean to use the 'Post Reply' box instead of the 'Quick Reply'? I' will try this.

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#22 Post by OLDGUNNER » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am

I can't get a Hyperllnk to 'copy and paste' any way that I try - Maybe some will.
Now maybe it will as I click 'Submit' but I don't want to do that.
That is okay.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#23 Post by Tommy Atkins » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am

I'm not sure what you're doing that's not working?
full editor.jpg
The RED arrow is the post a picture, the GREEN one is post a link (URL)

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#24 Post by OLDGUNNER » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Okay - I understand...It works good for you because you are more familiar with this forum format than I. But all that I have been able to do is 'INSERT' my hyperlink ALONG WITH THE REGULAR LINK. 'Of course' I am missing some little step.
Is there any way that you can ask the entire forum if they need any help in posting hyperlinks and photos? I think that this would tell something.

"I'm not sure what you're doing that's not working?" I repeat....I am missing some little step, I know that.

I am well aware of the problem of giving instructions like this in this kind of abbreviated 'one-way' instructions. it just takes one little 'assumed step' to cause the problem.

In my job with the DOD they offered a coworker and myself an 11 month accelerated masters course at the University of Southern California in 'Government Communications'. We were both about 50. He took them up on it, I didn't. I was just too 'schooled out'. And I knew that I was going to retire the day that I turned 60 - it took me 12 days to do that.

One does not realize just how much money can be wasted on 'Failure to communicate'...AND IS, millions every day.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#25 Post by Tommy Atkins » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:19 pm

You're actually over thinking it a bit.
Once you click the buttons & add (embed/paste) the text, that's it!
Just hit
Submit & you're done.
:D

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”