Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

LEE RE-SIZER

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

LEE RE-SIZER

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:32 pm

IN PASSING – I see where a lot of people have trouble with reloading for the 7.35 Carcano. I have a couple of the LEE Cast Bullet Re-Sizing thingies for .358 and .452 and I think that they work better than great.
I don’t know what LEE charges for their ‘Custom’ sizes, but I haven’t done it yet but I will, just buy the 0.285 set and burnish it out to 0.300 and then polish it out to maybe 0.301 or 0.302. I have polished both of mine and I do not use any lube, and I sure wouldn’t use any of that ALOX stuff that LEE suggests anyway. That ALOX I find it the most sticky and messy crap that has come down the pike. I think that it is basically just cheap creosote thinned with whatever, like mineral spirits.
I will call LEE Monday and ask what they would like for their custom sizes.
I already have a LEE Mold that I have burnished out to I think 0.302 – I will just take it out a little more.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Smokey
United States of America

Re: LEE RE-SIZER

#2 Post by Smokey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:18 am

I've had LEE make custom dies for me. The price was low and they worked fine. LEE provides good value.
Arguing with someone who denounces reason is like administering medicine to a corpse.

Cattus Borealis
United States of America

Re: LEE RE-SIZER

#3 Post by Cattus Borealis » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:24 am

I have also found Lee Custom made dies to be affordable, I highly recommend them.

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”