Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Vladivostok

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Vladivostok

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Scan-001.BMP.jpg
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is the town square of Vladivostok...The white building with the red emblem on top was the private residence of the thee Chief of that part of eastern Russia. The building just the left in the picture was the KGB Headquarters office building. I worked with the KGB from the time I left the hotel room in the morning until 9 or 10 that night. And was watched and followed at all times.
There was not a single foreign tourist in the city. It was a closed city. The Navy base and town was all in one - the same with no fences. Any foreign visitor had to be invited.
Since then most of their military and navy has left and one can now see the videos and see the big difference in that. It is really amazing how fast they changed.
When I was there it was said that the population was 900,000 - now the videos say about 500,000.
I use to come back into town at 9 in the evening in their minivan and not see a single other vehicle on the road - a main boulevard. And no one on the streets. Yes, different. See all of the ones walking in the foreground ---all military in uniform.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”