Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

A SHOOTING STORY

OLDGUNNER
United States of America

A SHOOTING STORY

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Just a shooting story - - I think every one of us boys in our high school graduating class of 51, 13 boys, were in the military either drafted or enlisted. One was in Korea as an Army Lineman, and spent most of his time behind the front lines. This is a second-hand story, I was never in Korea until after the conflict. But as told to me by one.... One if his duties some times was ‘guard duty’. The North Korean prisoners were brought back behind lines to make-shift prison compounds...which were just some barbed wire around some tents. And the prisoners were always trying to escape. So...his orders were to shoot all prisoners trying to escape. And...since the conflict was a non declared war, these shootings behind the lines were acts of murder. And to forego any future Double Jeopardy charges each time a prisoner was killed during an escape attempt, the ‘shootor’ was charged with Murder, Courts Marshaled, found guilty, charged One Dollar and given a carton of cigarettes, all in ten minutes.
Can one imagine in the future when one might be filling out an employment questionnaire, and had to list any felony charges...well, murder, ten times.
By the way, the best I know, I am the only boy of the class still around.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

echo1
United States of America

Re: A SHOOTING STORY

#2 Post by echo1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:59 pm

When a death penalty sentence is executed, the death certificate says "homicide". PAX

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: A SHOOTING STORY

#3 Post by Rapidrob » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:18 pm

In the 60's at Ft.Meade,MD it was common to see "Chain Gangs" of Soldiers who had been court martial. They would be doing hard labor repairing roads and laying wires or pipes. The guard was ordered to shoot to kill anyone who tried to escape.
It did happen from time to time. Ft.Meade had it's own newspaper named "Sound-Off". It would have an article about the shooting,trial of the guard who was always found innocent of any crime but always fined a buck fifty. He too,as he left the court room was asked which brand of cigarettes he smoked and was given a carton as well.
We were never allowed to even get close to any of the gangs and were under strict orders ,as dependents, to always walk to the other side of the road if we had to pass them on foot.
It was a different time.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”