Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

RUGER SINGLE SIX

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

RUGER SINGLE SIX

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:02 pm

DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Just some Bum-Dope and story - - I was just looking on some web sites and I saw examples of what I would call just plain ‘BAD DOPE”. I would guess that it is another case of people just passing along misinformation just because they don’t have the right information to pass on.
I saw some information on these Ruger Single Six’s as to production dates versus serial numbers and it doesn’t jibe with what I know.
I was in the Air Force and just 4 or 5 days after the 1st of January, 1954 in a local PX I saw what the ‘Guy’ said were some new Ruger’s that he just got in. He had three of these Ruger Singles Six’s. And I bought two of them on the spot...for 38 and something dollars each. I had just been transferred to Torbay Air Base in Newfoundland, on the first work day after New Years. And I could really be sure that they were made in 1953...but all that I saw on the present web sites says that this was impossible.
I have went on to shoot thousands of rounds with it.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”