PAGOSA SPRINGS

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger

PAGOSA SPRINGS

Post by OLDGUNNER »

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pa ... ORM=VDRVRV
==========================================

JUST IN PASSING-----I might as well show you some of Pagosa Springs, I think it’s better than some places to hang out. It is said that this spring is over two thousand feet deep after a plain lead weight hangs up. It keeps the whole town heated in the winter time and there is suppose to be 40 some in the county. The pond of ours is fed by one. Nothing will live in it and the local wild life won’t drink it, but it is not hot enough to keep it from freezing over.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: PAGOSA SPRINGS

Post by Rapidrob »

While I was working I had two clients in Pagosa Springs. A Medical Doctor and a Chiropractor who's X-Ray machines I had to inspect every six months.
A very nice small town. I did not know the city heated the residents homes with hot water from the springs. A great idea.
I would drive up from Albuquerque and start in Durango, pass through Pagosa Springs and end up in Cortez. Return trip was Ship Rock, Farmington, Bloomfield and Aztec.
Then back home to Edgewood. I would drive through Pagosa Springs at least once a month. A long drive but the scenery made it worth while.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger

Post by OLDGUNNER »

Hi Rapidrob – A quick correction on my part....I meant to say, “The whole ‘down’ town,”...just those business buildings and the court house. It would be too expensive to insulate the piping into the residential areas.
And even now the environmentalist are fighting that. Every since we got here someone has tried to start a hot-house business to grow vegetables and flowers. It sounded like that may have gotten the okay, but hasn’t stated yet. Reminds me of the bearded guy carrying the sign, “KILL ALL THE RADICALS.”
The sheriff took his office and jail out of the court house and is now paying the city of Durango 75 $ a day to keep his prisoners just because of that. Yes, there is trouble right here in River City. Politics does not always make sense to us common people.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rapidrob »

Gee, I bet the guy who builds the Hot House could get all sorts of funding if he grows "weed" since the Libs got that legal in CO. Everything good they have to ruin.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger

Post by OLDGUNNER »

http://mashable.com/2015/04/17/silverpe ... QHTSqC5aqn
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Anyone can do it---If one wants to get rich quick...have at it. There are at least 4 in Pagosa. I think that some are just retailers and not growers. The one closest to the high school gets a lot of business. The schools likes to put their foot down...you have to go off school grounds to use it. Some parents actually give their kids a 'pot allowance'.....How sad can things get? But that is just me. For some reason that I can't figure out, some parents will start their kids out at 5 or so.
The businesses used to ban their employees from using it, but since it is legal now they have to let them have their smoke break. But some try to find other ways of firing them. Yes, Colorado can be a nice looking place to live but all is not Peaches and Cream.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rapidrob »

Good Lord! At 5?
When I was working I could not go out for a beer during a work break,we got no breaks anyway. But you can smoke a joint? Oh the poor young folks,work is so hard you have to be high to get through the day.
We are in so much trouble in the USA these days. The young are so programmed that they will try to justify it as "normal".
Nikita Khrushchev was right 'We will bury you.....without firing a shot"
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger

Post by OLDGUNNER »

Okay, for the 5 year old it is mostly through the cookie use...from what I understand is that the actual typical youngest smoking is typically say 7 or so.
For the reason behind this my guess would be, besides the parent being of addled mind, the father wants his son to grow up to be like him....just that simple.
Last edited by OLDGUNNER on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”