Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

AGAIN JUST ME

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

AGAIN JUST ME

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:39 pm

Now this is just my experience only....I am not criticizing anyone. As I recall, every time that I have had someone say to me, “Oh, my time is too valuable to do it myself,” is a bunch of baloney...they don’t know how to, and they don’t want to learn how to... And some of the the sorriest people around. Can not this be noticed by others?
NRA LIFE MEMBER

dmg4
United States of America

Re: AGAIN JUST ME

#2 Post by dmg4 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Perhaps. But I know all too well how to change the oil on my car while lying on my back in the snow. I like to pay the kid at Jiffy Lube $19.50 to do the job now. I make a lot more money than that kid per hour, and I just don't like to do the job myself. I feel the same way about rust bluing. I can do it, but I can also afford to pay a craftsman. If I could not, I'd do the job myself.
Frequently wrong, never in doubt.

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Re: AGAIN JUST ME

#3 Post by OLDGUNNER » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 pm

Hi dmg4 - I am still chuckling ...I live here in Colorado and I know snow too...yes I don't do it in the snow either...but here Jiffy Lube has wised up...Oil change now at our only Jiffy Lube is $59.95, for 5 quarts, my extra 3/4 quart, 4 dollars. And as I said my garage is so full I cant't get a vehicle in it.
I did buy the drive-up ramps...for summer use only. I guess it is a good thing that I enjoy working on cars. We have it figured out, yes.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”