Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

THIS N' THAT

OLDGUNNER
United States of America

THIS N' THAT

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:53 am

DSC_0021.JPG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sure I have other molds a lot of LEE - not because they are cheaper but because they are easier for me to modify and tune up to make a good bullet. I can spend some times over an hour or more on one - otherwise, as new, I will get a crappy bullet - guaranteed. As I have said it is not LEE's fault... at all. There are letting a lot of people make a bullet within their means. If it wasn't for LEE there would be a lot of people that couldn't afford a hundred dollar mold, plain and simple.
I just know for me it is more difficult to rework a regular steel mold than the aluminum. I have some Lyman and some I can't think of the name right now. I bought four or five Lyman one time at once and everyone was so bad I don't even use them, except for one in .45 that was hard to work on just because it was steel. Of course everyone has their own opinion. I'll find a Lyman and take a close-up of the machine marks. If one has worked on them both they should know what I am talking about.
Where in the heck is a spell-check on this program?
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”