Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

A LITTLE OVER CROWDED

OLDGUNNER
United States of America

A LITTLE OVER CROWDED

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Scan.jpg
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Over crowded was mentioned....

indy1919a4
United States of America

Re: A LITTLE OVER CROWDED

#2 Post by indy1919a4 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:13 pm

What was under that sea of humanity???

OLDGUNNER
United States of America

#3 Post by OLDGUNNER » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:40 pm

http://www.usjeepney.com/pijeepneys.htm
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It was all because of an agreement between the US government and the American Auto makers at the beginning of WWII. The major auto makers would gear-up and make only military type vehicles 'IF' the US gov would promise not to bring back the war vehicles into the US after the war so as to not compete with the normal manufacturing of their post war models, and since the Philippines was a protectorate of the US, it was thought it better to give them to the PI rather than just let them stay where ever they were at the time, scattered around the Pacific area.
In other words, the US Gov, had to bribe the US Auto makers to make military vehicles for them.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

OLDGUNNER
United States of America

#4 Post by OLDGUNNER » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pi ... &FORM=IGRE
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As you can see how sometimes they have to hang on...Well in the out-lining areas a little work fun would be to have a pool as to the day in the month that the next person would fall off and be killed. It had to be 'killed' because there would be so many that would go unreported. It would typically be by some truck that would be following too close waiting to pass that would get em.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

luigi
United States of America

#5 Post by luigi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:22 pm

I rode on a "Jeepnee" when I was in Manila. Just being a passenger over there scared the %^&( out of me.

OLDGUNNER
United States of America

Re: A LITTLE OVER CROWDED TOO

#6 Post by OLDGUNNER » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:19 am

Little PI Tricycles can get overcrowded also. Tricycles are built for one, or two small people. That's probable some little 120 cc bike. a lot of them are 90 cc. It was not staged or anything, it was going down the road.
Attachments
Scan.BMP.jpg
NRA LIFE MEMBER

8thIDGrunt
United States of America

#7 Post by 8thIDGrunt » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 am

Must have been their version of stuffing a VW.

les1234
United States of America

#8 Post by les1234 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:39 pm

The Philippine Jeepneys were originally made from "extended" jeeps, then later from imported, used, truck chassis from other Asian countries. The bodies were fabricated locally, and some of the older ones can look really nice. On later ones, they abandoned the "Jeep" styling and they're just rolling boxes made up of a tubing frame with sheet metal and lots of Bondo covering them.

I've seen a few Tricycles loaded up like that one. One time I remember watching, there was a small creek with a bridge that was elevated above the creek with a ramp on both sides, probably 1 1/2 or 2 feet total. Trike made a run at it 2 or 3 times and stalled out each time, finally they had to all unload and walk over the bridge and re-load on the other side. The laws vary, but in some towns they are limited to max 150ccs. Some towns banned the older 2 stroke ones, the places that didn't you could see people walking down the streets holding rags over their nose to try and filter out the smoke. Amazing how much smog a few hundred 2 stroke bikes can put out.

Also, in some of the areas where they grow a lot of sugar cane, you see a lot of old US school busses converted into trucks.

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”