Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

BIG BOOM

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

BIG BOOM

#1 Post by OLDGUNNER » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 am

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pi ... ORM=VDRVRV

Just a little show and tell----

In June of 91, I was working in the Philippines when this mountain 17 miles away blew up. The four story apartment building that I lived in is in the scene at the top of the picture 2:26 seconds into the video. It was completely dark I think for some 48 hours. This town is well known to all of the WEST PAC sailors.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Re: BIG BOOM

#2 Post by OLDGUNNER » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:54 am

I didn't get this picture into the above post but this is the first of the BIG BOOM taken at Clark AFB. It was about 12 miles away. One can imagine how big the explosion was. I was living about 17 miles to the left of the mountain
Attachments
Scan.BMP.jpg
NRA LIFE MEMBER

JeremiahCarlson
United States of America

#3 Post by JeremiahCarlson » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 am

thanks for this....great
I am Certified Pistol Instructor and providing Concealed Weapons License
Jacksonville Gun Runners
Virginia Concealed Carry Class

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#4 Post by Rapidrob » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 am

Looks like a B-52 strike.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#5 Post by OLDGUNNER » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:47 pm

C:\Users\Bob\Pictures\2017-11-22\Scan.jpg

Yeah...A BUNCH of B-52's, That is my house keeper and we lived just to her right in the top picture. If this picture comes through.

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

Forum program

#6 Post by OLDGUNNER » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm

This forum program is terrible and I know that it is just not me - I understand - I see that the owner has said that this is it and he is not going do anything about it anymore - too bad. Where in the heck did the 'Edit' button go. I can't even eliminate anything when it doesn't work.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#7 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 pm

You have to be logged on/in to see the edit button. It is the small box with the pencil in in the upper right hand corner. Click on it and you should be able to edit even with an old computer. Now photos are all together different and it depends on the program and age of your computer if you can add photos. There are no problems with a new computer. But if you got an old 2003 mac or PC then you have to play around. I always use the forum method to attach 1-5 pics per post. If you have more just add a second post and you get 5 more. Do a search on how to post a photo I have two posts about trouble with old macs and how I got around it to post a photo at a time.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

ffuries
United States of America

#8 Post by ffuries » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:33 am

Met a guy that was stationed at Clark AFB when that happened, so he was sent to Homestead AFB FL and then Hurricane Andrew leveled it, next he came Tyndall AFB FL, I told him he was Jinxed and needed to find someplace else to go.......He retired 6 months later, whew!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

OLDGUNNER
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#9 Post by OLDGUNNER » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 pm

72 usmc wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 pm
You have to be logged on/in to see the edit button. It is the small box with the pencil in in the upper right hand corner. Click on it and you should be able to edit even with an old computer. Now photos are all together different and it depends on the program and age of your computer if you can add photos. There are no problems with a new computer. But if you got an old 2003 mac or PC then you have to play around. I always use the forum method to attach 1-5 pics per post. If you have more just add a second post and you get 5 more. Do a search on how to post a photo I have two posts about trouble with old macs and how I got around it to post a photo at a time.
Dog gone it ---I have 6 working computers right here within 8 feet of me. I could take a picture but would have trouble sending it with this cheap forum program that someone bought and thought that they were going to do great things with. and now doesn't want to get someone that can rework it to get it to work properly.
The most expensive one I have is an 'HP Pavilon P6530f with a Terabyte hard drive. One of the others also has a Terabyte hard drive.
I flew to Hong Kong one time just to buy a home computer in the late 70's because there were none available in the states. I do have old computers such as the Commadore 64, it is still in the garage. I like to keep old things.

Now none of this has anything to do with things now. But in this link, if it works, see the second picture down, those are memory banks. In 68 and 69 I worked for Magnavox Research Lab in LA and helped build them. We were just one of many subcontractors so I don't know if I worked on the particular one in front or not. And I did design some electronic test equipment for them. http://history-computer.com/ModernCompu ... /SAGE.html Go ahead and read some more articles on the Sage computer. It was the biggest in the world that has ever been built. There are some big storage units built now but are not computers.
And I worked on the very beginning of the DEW Line in the spring of 55. These sites were the inputs to the Sage computer - Colder than a witches you know what. I took 5 or 6 computer programming classes, regular college classes. One of them was the precursor to C programming, before C was known. At the time I thought hey, this is better than anything so far.
And we see that the C programming is still considered the best so far. Yes, there are specialized ones but C++ and C+++ do most of our day-to-day work you see around you. Anyway don't try to tell me how easy it is to find the 'Edit' button in this forum. It is just a very 'UNFINISHED' program. Another thing, all programs can be considered unfinished. Any program can be added to to make it better. I use to like to just keep adding to programs, to see how more thorough and explanatory I could make them. But time, deadlines and costs keeps programs like this forum program showing up.

I know, you were just trying to help me -thank you. But if you have the know-how, why don't you tell the owner that you would be glad to maybe fix it up for him. Oh, one has to do such and such to find the EDIT BUTTON. Why isn't that on the screen all the time like it should be? Because someone just thought that this program would be good enough. It is easy to write a cheap program, and if someone is looking for a bargain program, they can find one . There are high school kids right here right now writing computer programs. But I don't think that anyone is giving them real money for them.
There are maybe more people employed in the maintenance of programs than writing them. I had a coworker that retired the same time I did and took a couple of C++ program writing classes and Microsoft in Seattle hired to him to start at 175,000 a year. It wasn't that he had to go to work, he just wanted to. I retired just after my 60 th birthday because I didn't want to die on the job, and I won't.
I think that I probable worked on computers before you may have known what they were. I see you may have been in the marines. I worked as a Litton Rep with the Navy and Marines on their A6's and C2's....the !st Marine Air Wing in DaNang in 67 -68. I started with Litton on their Inertial guidance and bombing computers in about 1960.
Yeah, why don't you try to help out the owner with this forum? It is obvious that a whole lot of people don't post photos because of this program. I had a program writing instructor one time say, "Anyone that writes more than 5 or 6 lines a day is suspect".
Anywho, have a good Turkey day, our's is in the oven.

Right now I hit 'Preview' and I can't tell if the link will work or NOT. I have to hit 'Submit' and THEN...I'll see if it will or not....come on. If it doesn't work, look up 'SAGE computer', you will see what I am talking about.

Another thing, I just hit 'Submit' and got in RED, "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again". And someone probable paid money for this program or wrote it themselves......and I never have had a Mac.

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”