Imgur Tutorial & test photo

72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Imgur Tutorial & test photo

Post by 72 usmc »

It seems if one uses free Imgur to post photos I can not find a way to get rid of the markings at the top & bottom right hand side of the photo. I guess the green shared symbol and the Imgur trade mark in the corners is better than the photo bucket water marks over the central area of the photo that you actually pay for. Very disappointing results with my Mac. It does not work the same way as shown in the video. The above photo needed a different process to get it to print. :

Tutorial on free Imgur without a sign-in account. This does not work on my old Mac. Maybe for PCs??? see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKkd7VCPNjM

Is this the way all photos posted through Imgur are marked????? :doh: :doh: :snooty: :snooty:
Last edited by 72 usmc on Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Re: Imgur test photo

Post by 72 usmc »

This is how I posted an Imgur photo with an old 2009 Mac, actually this is my new one. It does not work on the 2001 Mac.

Tutorial

How to post a photo with no account needed using Imgru as a secondary posting host. You do not see a watermark like photo bucket shows on your photo.

Here is a quick video of how it is done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKkd7VCPNjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-WUK7EM1fk

Log into the forum and start your new post or reply, then you need to add a photo go to the web page (Imgur.com ). I just type in “Imgur home “ and go to “Imgur: The magic of the Internet”

The Imgur home page shows a green NEW POST box in the upper left hand corner. Click on the NEW POST box.

You will see a new page with a box that has 3 different possibilities to grab an image: DROP IMAGES HERE area at the top, a Choose photo in the middle, then a Paste image or URL box at the bottom. Insert photo 1

Select CHOOSE PHOTO , click on the middle line that says Choose Photo/Video. I found just dropping the photo into the box works best. Then you just jump down to: Jump here if you dragged a photo>

You will see on the computer screen your computer’s desk top, file, or hard drive depending how the computer is set up. This is where you store your photos from your camera down load (desk top) or where you drag on line web page photos onto the desk top. They show up on the screen after you click on “Choose photo”

On a Mac I have the option in the lower right hand corner to hit one of two buttons Cancel or choose. I select the photo it is highlighted then I click on the choose button to select the photo.

Click on choose and the Imgru page shows the photo and additional information buttons on the right hand side such as add tags, IMG tools such as Add more images, Embed post, Download post, or Delete post. You can also at this time give it a title at the top of the picture or add a description at the bottom of the title. Insert photo 2
Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 9.26.59 AM.png
>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>>> Jump here if you dragged a photo>

Best to keep it simple, Go to the photo’s upper right hand corner and a grey copy link will appear. Click on the corner and the COPY link will show. Click it so it says “copied” . The photo is copied as an image code to paste into the forum.
You will have a short code to paste into the forum post you are working on. Just paste this code link into the forum’s location and when you are finish writing and posting photos you will post your completed post by hitting forum SUBMIT button.
Your post will show up with photos.

The problem is each photo has a green share box at the top right hand corner and it will also has a trademark “Imgur" at the bottom right hand corner. Not as bad as the Photobucket water mark across the center of the photo but still nasty looking.
My Mac does not work exactly as the video shows. So methods may vary give how new or what kind of computer you are using.

In this post the upper top photo was pasted in by Imgur and the lower bottom photo was posted using our forum method. I like the forum method much better. Here is a second Tutorial video to load pictures to a forum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XuITTRSt-Q
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Fun Facts and Trivia”