Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Lucky is best!

Forum for rifles not listed
LarryHoosier
United States of America

Lucky is best!

#1 Post by LarryHoosier » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:46 am

I attended the Wanenmacher Arms Show in Tulsa this past weekend. I had a lengthy list of items most of which I never hoped to see and even less hoped to afford. In the second aisle I found this fantasy item!

Yes, it is a Russian Berdan II bayonet which I had previously pretty much given up hope of ever finding. It fits perfectly on my rifle and was also Sestroryetsk arsenal manufactured.

Later in the day and after much walking and looking I located another very difficult to locate bayonet.

This is a M1862 Dreyse Zundnadelgewehr bayonet. This item is spotted less frequently than Nancy Pelosi with her mouth shut!

Life is good :dance:
Samuel Woodfill Bryantsville, IN WW1 MOH winner and Pershing's "favorite doughboy"

vandle
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
Australia

Re: Lucky is best!

#2 Post by vandle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:25 am

Life is indeed good, well done on finding something like that.

Sometimes you just get lucky.
Most of the time it turns up when you are not looking for it.
Life is tough, tougher if your stupid

indy1919a4
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#3 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:02 am

LarryHoosier wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:46 am

frequently than Nancy Pelosi with her mouth shut!

I do not think I had ever seen those before and never on a rifle like that.. the Russian looks stunning..

OK I am going to be crass and ask.. What is the going price for such a beauty????

But can you not use those Potty mouth words like N.P.. Crap I come here for relieve from the world :)

Friedspam
United States of America

#4 Post by Friedspam » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:11 pm

I lived in Oklahoma in the early 90's and again 2011-2015. The Wanamachers Gun show is the finest gun show I ever attended. Even after I moved away my twin brother and I would make occasional trips back when we could. You will see items there that you could go to gun shows in Iowa or Missouri or Arkansas for the rest of your life and ever see. Not just large, it's like 8 or 9 acres, it's quality is unsurpassed.
I can hear the background murmurs, "everything is sky high!", yes just like any gun show there are folks testing the waters to see if someone will bite on there overpriced items. But my brother and I walked out of that show having purchased more firearms at great deals than all the other shows put together we ever attended. LarryH, your experience at the show didn't surprise me, I felt that way nearly every time I went there.
Mike

indy1919a4
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#5 Post by indy1919a4 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Friedspam wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:11 pm
I lived in Oklahoma in the early 90's and again 2011-2015. The Wanamachers Gun show is the finest gun show I ever attended. Even after I moved away my twin brother and I would make occasional trips back when we could. You will see items there that you could go to gun shows in Iowa or Missouri or Arkansas for the rest of your life and ever see. Not just large, it's like 8 or 9 acres, it's quality is unsurpassed.
I can hear the background murmurs, "everything is sky high!", yes just like any gun show there are folks testing the waters to see if someone will bite on there overpriced items. But my brother and I walked out of that show having purchased more firearms at great deals than all the other shows put together we ever attended. LarryH, your experience at the show didn't surprise me, I felt that way nearly every time I went there.
Mike
You are so right about that show.. Not only can you find a rare item. But you can find 4 or 5 of the same rare item at different tables. Yeah there is Grouching about price, but heck seems like complaining about prices at a gun show is like yelling at the umpire during a baseball game..

Zeliard
United States of America

#6 Post by Zeliard » Mon May 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Holy heck! Those ARE rare finds, congrats!
Proud alumni of Transylvanian Polygnostic University. "Know enough to be afraid."

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

Return to “Military Bolt Action Rifle General Topics”