Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Gun Shows: When Did Our World Go Nuts?

Forum for rifles not listed
HectorFuego
United States of America

Re: Gun Shows: When Did Our World Go Nuts?

#31 Post by HectorFuego » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:24 am

Back in about 2005 AIM Surplus was selling Swiss K-31's for $59.95 delivered to your door. I had just gotten my C&R license and bought one. I put a clamp on scope mount on it and an old 10X scope and shot the best group of my life. At today's prices for K-31's, I kick myself for not buying at least 10 at that price. Could have made a small fortune.

Ah the good old days.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is, "Save all the pieces."
It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'.

viking
United States of America

#32 Post by viking » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 pm

Saw a sporter for 220 at last gun show i went to.

bobvz
United States of America

#33 Post by bobvz » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:57 pm

The issue as I see it is that there are a number of young folks who are making big 6 figure salaries and a large number of older highly paid execs that are retiring. Some of these folks are being enthralled with milsurps. In no small part due to sites like this that promote shooting and collecting. Spending 4 figures on a rifle is no big deal for them. In one sense it is good that younger collectors are coming into the fold. In another it is jacking prices out of sight. Many of us are retired or near it. We know that the importers paid less than $20 ea. for most of these rifles and we are on fixed incomes. It is maddening that prices are where they are at. In retrospect, if I had taken my 401K in 1990 and bought milsurps I would be living on a private island in the Caribbean now.

Return to “Military Bolt Action Rifle General Topics”